etsy...
ettolrahc
Bracelet King
ettolrahc
3 years, 9 months ago by ettolrahc
hi anyone who has a Etsy shop could you please tell me if its a safe app... cause I realllyyyy want to do one but my mom doesn't know the app so she won't put the bank info for people to pay... if you have good arguments I could take some plssss
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 9 months ago by 2006_Mandy
For Etsy you have to have an adult manage your account completely if under 18, they take .20 of each listing and a small percentage but compared to PayPal where people can easily scam you I would say that Etsy is safer than PayPal or any other money transferring options online. Just don’t take my word for it Etsy might also have it own problems but all apps have its ups and downs and most people have no problem with an Etsy account.
ettolrahc
Bracelet King
ettolrahc
3 years, 9 months ago by ettolrahc
@2006_Mandy wait if im under 18 they take 20 cents of each listing but not when im 18? thats not fair ! can I just say that im 18 years old ?
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
No they take 20 cents off of all listings no matter your age but if you are under 18 according to their rules (not sure if it’s extremely enforced but if it’s a rule you should follow it) you have to have your bio say your account is managed by a parent and then that means they have to do everything from listing things for you to managing expenses which I find unfair because some teens can easily do it themselves and I can’t have an Etsy because my parents work full time. I’m not if people actually listen to the rule though it’s just what I found based off of my research when I was looking into getting Etsy
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
And also saying you’re 18 is lying which I’m pretty sure is actually illegal.
estrange1
Bracelet King
estrange1
3 years, 9 months ago by estrange1
i’ve never used etsy myself, so i’m not sure what their policies is with minors. however, alex’s innovations comes to mind when i think of people under the age of 18 who are successful on etsy. just thought i’d give you a name of a minor who sells to help convince your parents😊
Ciao
Bracelet King
Ciao
3 years, 9 months ago by Ciao
@2006_Mandy If you are under 18 you just need your parents to "co-run" your business. Its still yours, its more for like legal stuff I guess. I don't even think they ask for your age during the sign up process anyway.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
Yeah well parents completely managing my Etsy is not the ideal thing. I can easily manage it myself but it’s nice to know that they don’t ask for age. @Ciao so thanks for telling me. For some people Etsy might be great for others not as much.
Ciao
Bracelet King
Ciao
@2006_Mandy No, your parents don't completely manage your Etsy! They don't even need to know the password. It is just so you can say "Someone over 18 co-runs the business". Basically for in case you get in a lawsuit, which most likely won't happen.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@Ciao yeah but based on what I have seen on google to have an Etsy as a minor your guardian must manage the account for you and it must be stated in the bio. I have no clue if it’s true I’m just wondering
Ciao
Bracelet King
Ciao
@2006_Mandy I am a minor. I have run the whole account by myself for the past few months and run into no issues whatsoever. All my dad has to do is once the money comes into his bank account he just puts it into mine. It takes about 5 seconds. My mom and dad haven't had to go onto my account at all (except for helping me sign up).
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@Ciao oh thank you for the information that’s helpful to know!
Ciao
Bracelet King
Ciao
@2006_Mandy No problem! If you want to start an Etsy shop, I can answer any of your questions 😄
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
Oh great because I’m thinking of starting an Etsy but I have no clue where to start. Can you message me some tips? @Ciao
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 9 months ago by Elise64
I heard that minors under 13 are not allowed on Etsy but there are like 8 year olds that run shops and12 year olds.
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 9 months ago by Elise64
So I’m confused
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
What really? @Elise64 I’m a little confused too because people tell me the under 18 needing a parents to manage your account thing isn’t necessary but I’m not sure
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
3 years, 9 months ago by Hazel23
I’m under 18 and my mom knows about my account. I pretty much run my account. The only thing we did was give her credit card information and she will pay me back through my debit card if I get a sale.
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
3 years, 9 months ago by Hazel23
@Elise64 you just have to have a co owner. Minor is minor so it doesn’t matter if your 8 or 16. 🙂@2006_Mandy I don’t have anything in my bio stating that I’m a minor or anything. It’s really up to a parent to decide what their child is capable of handling. My mom hasn’t even said anything about it. I make my listings and decide how much things are. It really just depends on what your parents want.