Difference between Alpha, normal, etc.
Belle0812
Professional
Belle0812
3 years, 9 months ago by Belle0812
What is the difference between the Alpha, normal and other categories?
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
3 years, 9 months ago by Shelly2121
Alphas are patterns made using a grid pattern sheet. Unlke normals, it the knots go left to right and right to left. While in normals you use all the strings to make the pattern, alphas have base strings you knot onto, and leading strings you knot with.

Normals are patterns made using a diamond like grid. These patterns use all the strings to make the pattern, you can go row by row, or segment knot it.

1212 patterns are normal patterns that consist of mostly or entirely of fb and bf knots.

Check out masha knots, she has many begginer guides for alphas and normals, as well as begginers guide to bracelet making!
Belle0812
Professional
Belle0812
Thank you!!
arf820
arf820
3 years, 9 months ago by arf820
alpha patterns consist of leading strings and base strings. you knot your leading strings over all your base strings, and you change colors by inserting a new leading string. you can only go row by row because they follow a grid that goes left to right and right to left. they are best used to make specific images, pictures, or words. in normal patterns, all of the strings interact and knot onto each other. they follow a diagonal grid, so while you can knot them row by row, you can also segment knot. that means you find diagonal rows of color and knot them all at once. normal patterns are best used for geometric patterns. 1212 patterns are normal patterns that have all or mostly forward-backward or backward-forward knots. not all normals are 1212 but all 1212 patterns are normals. like alphas, you can only knot 1212 patterns row by row and 1212 patterns are best used to create specific images, pictures or words. hope that helps! 🙂
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
I recommend watching Masha Knots’ YouTube video called “beginner’s guide” because she explains this and a lot of other useful information
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 9 months ago by beaumont
i like to think of it this way normals you can segment knot alphas you can not
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
3 years, 9 months ago by chloe_27
Alpha
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
Whoops I hit send. Alphas are patterns that you have to row by row and cannot be segment knotted. For alphas you have have base stings and am
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
Ugh. I keep hitting send, continuing: and a leading string where you keep having switch the colors and by doing the and following the pattern you can
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
Create a picture. Normal patterns are patterns that you can segment knot and you always use the strings you cut. Meaning you don’t need base strings or leading strings. Hope this helps and sorry for the multiple post🙂
Belle0812
Professional
Belle0812
Thank you all!!!
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 9 months ago by jadeflwr13
with alphas you weave onto your base strings, while normal bracelets are made with the strings you cut and the knots made by those strings 🌸✨
bilsfoeva
Bracelet King
bilsfoeva
3 years, 9 months ago by bilsfoeva
a alpha you are weaving the strings on to base strings and you have to change the leading strings to make the pattern. a normal pattern, the strings are working together to make the pattern
jetsa_124
Bracelet King
jetsa_124
3 years, 9 months ago by jetsa_124
I watched Masha Knots’s video and that helped me