Reading the patterns
katiemae
Advanced
katiemae
3 years, 9 months ago by katiemae
I’ve actually used another site for YEARS to make bracelets.. but I thought an app would be more convenient. Anyways the patterns on this app are way different from what I’m used too. Searched for a bit to see if there was a brief description of how to read them, but couldn’t find one.
Clairaland
Bracelet King
Clairaland
3 years, 9 months ago by Clairaland
Masha knots has a tutorial (:
giraffe34
Bracelet King
giraffe34
3 years, 9 months ago by giraffe34
Watch Masha knots or Kinsey B they are great you tuber bracelet makers
katiemae
Advanced
katiemae
Do they do it for this site specifically?
avajks
Bracelet King
avajks
3 years, 9 months ago by avajks
Hello! If an arrow is pointing to the right it is indicating a forward knot and if the arrow is pointing to the left it is a backward knot. If the arrow goes to the left and then bends to the right it means a backward-forward knot and if the arrow goes to the right and then bends to the left it means a forward-backward knot. if you happen to forget you can click on the icon and it will show a demonstration on what the knot should look like. For a more descriptive answer, I would look for a youtube video 🙂
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 9 months ago by 2006_Mandy
The rows are shown with grey lines and numbers on the right and left side. The circles show each knot with the arrows and the colours in them show which color to make the knot with. the strings between the circles show which directions the strings go between knots. The top strings have letters to distinguish the colours and the order they go in if you start from the beginning going row by row. Hope this helps!
katiemae
Advanced
katiemae
I’m guessing alpha patterns are different then?
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
I don’t know about Kinsey B, but Masha Knots’ tutorial on how to read patterns (called “normal patterns & segment knotting tutorial”) is about braceletbook patterns specifically
katiemae
Advanced
katiemae
Or maybe I’m just not seeing how they can work lol, some of the patterns I saved only have “left” or “right” knots and nothing else
katiemae
Advanced
katiemae
I’ll check out these videos too
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 9 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Yeah alphas are different you basically make a row of forward knots then backward knots when you need a different color you would do a color switch. Each square in an alpha pattern is one knot. 😊
katiemae
Advanced
katiemae
Damn, I didn’t realize the alphas were different lol.. just looked at the normal patterns and those I definitely can read. I’ll have to put some
katiemae
Advanced
katiemae
On the back burner for now til I learn alphas
katiemae
Advanced
katiemae
Thank you all 😭😭❤️
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
Once you do want to learn alphas, I recommend Masha Knots’ YouTube video called “flat alpha bracelets”
katiemae
Advanced
katiemae
I’ll do that thank you!!