Making an alpha pattern
dtosmond
Skiller
dtosmond
3 years, 10 months ago by dtosmond
I used alpha from image to create the general shape I want (a horseshoe) and I added a few changes to it. It's supposed to be two colours, white background and grey horseshoe. Then 4 more colours that are basically white showed up when I added some knots and I don't know how to remove those colours. Sorry if I'm not very clear. I don't want to submit because all these white colours are too similar etc.
ajr725
Bracelet King
ajr725
3 years, 10 months ago by ajr725
You should take another color (like blue or red) and use the fill option to fill in the background. This way you’ll be able to see what parts of the background still need to be filled in, and then when all of the background is one color you can change it back to white. Hopefully this makes sense (:
peanutse
Professional
peanutse
3 years, 10 months ago by peanutse
When doing the photo select 2 colors if you are not happy with those colors you can change them for black I use 333333 and white ffffff 😉 hope this helps
dtosmond
Skiller
dtosmond
3 years, 10 months ago by dtosmond
Yes that makes sense thanks!
Grace4God
Advanced
Grace4God
3 years, 10 months ago by Grace4God
What would be a good alpha to start on
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
@Grace4God Just about any alpha with only two colors and no more than 20 base strings would be a good first alpha. Mine was #24910
Zahrah21
Beginner
Zahrah21
3 years, 10 months ago by Zahrah21
Hi! I'm starting my very first alpha and would like to know how to approximate the length of thread needed for the patterns. the one I'm attempting has about 37 rows
margo7
Bracelet King
margo7
3 years, 10 months ago by margo7
@Zahrah21 are you looking for how long the base thread to be or the main thread
margo7
Bracelet King
margo7
@Zahrah21 the base thread should be as long as you think the bracelet will be including the twisted ties and the main strings will be very long. If you do run out of main string, then you can cut some more and continue with the bracelet.
margo7
Bracelet King
margo7
@Zahrah21 hoped that helped! 😊
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
@Zahrah21 If it’s a repeating pattern that you want to keep repeating until it’s long enough to be a bracelet, you should make the base strings the length that you want the bracelet itself to be, plus around 20-30cm for the ties. If you’re going to make exactly 37 rows, the base strings should be around 55.5mm (which is too short for a bracelet just so you know), plus extra for the ties. The extra amount depends on what type of ties you’re doing
Zahrah21
Beginner
Zahrah21
@margo7 I'm trying to make a keychain for my first attempt at alpha knot but thank you loads. Your advice will definitely help when I go for a bracelet. I'm hoping to attempt one if I succeed at my keychain ^^
Zahrah21
Beginner
Zahrah21
@madeleine_ Thank you very much! I'll go for the 55.5mm as you suggested and add a few additional cm for my ties. Excited to give It a try 😄