string length
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
3 years, 9 months ago by Hazel23
So I’m not a beginner but I was wondering how long string should be for shaped patterns. I’ve made one but ran out of string super fast. Thank you.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 9 months ago by 2006_Mandy
A Wingspan if you make a bracelet longer is you want it to be an ankle and shorter if you want it to be a keychain. Message me for any help if wanted!
Rg_Knots
Bracelet King
Rg_Knots
3 years, 9 months ago by Rg_Knots
I always cut each string 1 m and 5 cm (if you are doing a loop 2 m 10 cm) for any normal bracelet. If your pattern has an outline, consider cutting 10 cm more of that string. I hope this helps! 🙂
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
3 years, 9 months ago by chkntaters
I made a shaped pattern recently and had a little bit of extra string left over. I usually hold the end of the string in my right hand, stretch it across my chest and cut it when it reaches my left shoulder. If I make a loop I just double that length.
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
3 years, 9 months ago by ShivaniS
I normally do wingspan, then the length of one of my arms (or sometimes just half of one of my arms) for shaped patterns.
mrs_rausch
Bracelet King
mrs_rausch
3 years, 9 months ago by mrs_rausch
Wingspan is a good guess! If you ever start running out though, you can always add in more using the same technique you would for a color change in alphas. 😄
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
Thank you everyone very helpful 😁
soph_west
Advanced
soph_west
3 years, 9 months ago by soph_west
if you run out of a string while making your bracelet, masha knots has a video on her youtube channel on how to add more string in. i'll add the link here🙂 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuHDeuDHDlw&t=131s
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
@soph_west thank you so much 😁
Lizziecorn
Professional
Lizziecorn
3 years, 9 months ago by Lizziecorn
I do from the tip of my fingers to my opposite shoulder, but I do look at the pattern itself to see if I use any strings more than others and make those slightly longer.