how long do skeins last?
MozzaStix
Professional
MozzaStix
3 years, 10 months ago by MozzaStix
Not the ball kind. And if you’re only making normal patterns.
mrs_rausch
Bracelet King
mrs_rausch
3 years, 10 months ago by mrs_rausch
That's a great question! It really depends on how often the color appears in the pattern and what you're making (bracelet, anklet, etc.). I've used up 3/4 of a skein on one pattern and I've also only used one strand worth of a color. What pattern are you thinking of making and what length? I might be able to help out by looking at the pattern.
Basilology
Bracelet King
Basilology
3 years, 10 months ago by Basilology
Maybe around 1-3 bracelets if you are using just one skein.
sabwon4503
Professional
sabwon4503
3 years, 10 months ago by sabwon4503
It kind of depends on the bracelet, if you need a lot of string of that color, it might only last for one bracelet.
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 10 months ago by stewon6969
Yeah. It depends on the bracelet and how much of the color that you are using. But normally it only lasts one bracelet!
Addysen
Bracelet King
Addysen
3 years, 10 months ago by Addysen
@MozzaStix it depends on which bracelet pattern you are doing and how much of that color you need to use. Sometimes, you can use up a whole skein for just one bracelet! But most of the time you will be able to use it for multiple bracelets. I hope this helps 👍
Addysen
Bracelet King
Addysen
@MozzaStix it depends on which bracelet pattern you are doing and how much of that color you need to use. Sometimes, you can use up a whole skein for just one bracelet! But most of the time you will be able to use it for multiple bracelets. I hope this helps 👍
Addysen
Bracelet King
Addysen
Oops, ignore that.
awesome563
Bracelet King
awesome563
3 years, 10 months ago by awesome563
Well if you are using strands that are 5 feet and then folding them you should get 5 strands plus a little bit extra.
awesome563
Bracelet King
awesome563
3 years, 10 months ago by awesome563
(I was assuming your skein was 8.75 yards)
kerrs
Bracelet King
kerrs
3 years, 10 months ago by kerrs
mine normally last 3-4 bracelets depending on the pattern but that’s about average for me!
kerrs
Bracelet King
kerrs
3 years, 10 months ago by kerrs
then again i have super small wrists😂
bilsfoeva
Bracelet King
bilsfoeva
3 years, 10 months ago by bilsfoeva
that depends on how long you cut your strings but anywhere from 1-3 bracelets
Grace_13
Bracelet King
Grace_13
3 years, 9 months ago by Grace_13
it normaly takes me 3-4 bracelets to use a full skein of embroidery floss.
(if you are using embroidery floss you could separate the strands so instead of using 6 you could use 3. so your skein will last longer) 🙂 ❤️
cooper10
Bracelet King
cooper10
3 years, 9 months ago by cooper10
I agree with what other people are saying it mainly depends on how much string you need to cut. It usually takes me 2-4 bracelets. But sometimes I need to add in string. I hope this helped!
knotnormal
Bracelet King
knotnormal
3 years, 9 months ago by knotnormal
It depends, mine usually last a few months, but if you are making big patterns with long string then they won’t last as long
jbrieba
Bracelet King
jbrieba
3 years, 9 months ago by jbrieba
8 meters
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
3 years, 9 months ago by Diana2509
I use about 1 meter of string of each color (dolded in half I
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
3 years, 9 months ago by Diana2509
Folded in half if there are two stings in one color) so it depends how many meters a skein has.
Fluffball
Bracelet King
Fluffball
3 years, 9 months ago by Fluffball
Yeah, it depends. If you just make small bracelets, like chevrons, it'll last you a good while. But if you make, for example, the starburst bracelet, you might even need more than one skein of a color. For the white color in the starburst pattern I used about 1 1/2 skeins of white thread!