Is segment knotting faster/easier
Ava7475
Professional
Ava7475
3 years, 9 months ago by Ava7475
I am pretty good at making bracelets but i am soooooo slow and i was wondering if segment knotting makes it faster and or easier. It seems pretty hard to segment knot and was just wondering if it is worth all the time to figure out how to do it! ❤️
KK4eva
Bracelet King
KK4eva
3 years, 9 months ago by KK4eva
Segment knitting takes time to master, but once you learn it can go faster. This may not be true for everybody but I honestly prefer segment knotting to row by row. It is really just preference
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
Once you get the hang of it, segment knotting definitely WAY faster and WAY easier
dtosmond
Skiller
dtosmond
3 years, 9 months ago by dtosmond
How long did it take you to learn? @madeleine_ @KK4eca
mrs_rausch
Bracelet King
mrs_rausch
3 years, 9 months ago by mrs_rausch
I’ve been making bracelets off and on since I was 12 and just recently learned about segment knotting. While I’m still mastering it, I do believe it has made my bracelets go much quicker!
Ava7475
Professional
Ava7475
Cool! I might try it but I need to definitely watch and or read a tutorial, any suggestions?
Paige_1
Bracelet King
Paige_1
3 years, 9 months ago by Paige_1
Marsha knots has one I think
Paige_1
Bracelet King
Paige_1
3 years, 9 months ago by Paige_1
Masha*
mrs_rausch
Bracelet King
mrs_rausch
3 years, 9 months ago by mrs_rausch
I agree with @Paige_1, Masha’s video on segment knotting helped me a lot.
aa7648
Bracelet King
aa7648
3 years, 9 months ago by aa7648
Yeah segment knotting is much faster because you switch strings less and that’s what takes the longest in making a bracelet. I find it more fun as well! 🙂
Ava7475
Professional
Ava7475
Thank you all for the help!!! tomorrow i will definitely look at segment knotting!!
arf820
arf820
3 years, 9 months ago by arf820
i totally recommend segment knotting!! it is so most faster and more efficient than going row by row. if you want to learn segment knotting, i would recommend following pattern tutorials, like how to make a dovetail bracelet or a distorted chevron bracelet, because you are taught how to segment knot the pattern. that way you get a good feel for how segment knotting works so that when you try it on your own, you’ll know what to do. for me, actually practicing it following a pattern tutorial is more effective than watching a general video on how to segment knot. hope that helps! 🙂
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 9 months ago by stewon6969
Yeah! Segment knotting is like my total boyfriend! It is sooooooo much easier and much more fun!
ajr725
Bracelet King
ajr725
3 years, 9 months ago by ajr725
Segment knotting also makes memorizing patterns much easier in my opinion. It takes a little while to master, but it’s 100% worth investing time into learning, and will make your knotting process much smoother
estellajw
Professional
estellajw
3 years, 9 months ago by estellajw
it's different for everyone, but in my expirience segment knotting is faster and usually makes your bracelets look neater
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
@dtosmond I’ve only ever done segment knotting, so it wasn’t something I really “learned”
amazingme
Bracelet King
amazingme
3 years, 9 months ago by amazingme
It's different for everyone. I prefer segment knot unless I'm doing narrowness or 1-2 patterns
Rg_Knots
Bracelet King
Rg_Knots
3 years, 9 months ago by Rg_Knots
Yes. Segment knotting is definitely easier and quicker than row by row. 🙂
Bellinx
Professional
Bellinx
3 years, 9 months ago by Bellinx
Are there any patterns where you have to adjust them for segment knotting? If so why? I’m also trying to get the hang of segment knotting
EalgeKnots
Bracelet King
EalgeKnots
3 years, 9 months ago by EalgeKnots
you can get the hang of segment knotting by just practice. you will get faster and it will be easier to segment knot as to continue to practice. i am sure that you can do it!!! 🙂 👍 ❤️