beginner alpha question
amelia904
Bracelet King
amelia904
3 years, 9 months ago by amelia904
Hi! Ok so I have a question about when I’m done with my alpha. 🧐

Once it’s finished, is there something specific I can do with all the extra string on the back?

Should I just direct all into the ties/ends?
Or can I cut them off somehow?

Someone pls explain to me what I should do or what you do to make it somewhat neat! 😆

Thanks in advance! 💕💕
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 9 months ago by Someone_
When you're done, just cut the excess string at the back of the bracelet off off.
Some people then add a little glue on the nibs of where they cut the string so nothing comes out of place (I don't do this myself because I've never had a problem with strings coming out of place once I cut it).
hannahab12
Bracelet King
hannahab12
3 years, 9 months ago by hannahab12
I agree, not everyone does it the same, but I cut my strings close to the back and don't glue or nail polish them down because I've never personally had a problem with my knots untying before. 😊
mrs_rausch
Bracelet King
mrs_rausch
3 years, 9 months ago by mrs_rausch
I always wondered the same thing! I also wasn't a huge fan of all the mess you can see on the back so I got some small iron on patches that I will use as backing for my keychains once they are done to make them look a little more "put together."
EalgeKnots
Bracelet King
EalgeKnots
3 years, 9 months ago by EalgeKnots
after you are done with the alpha and the ties cut off the ties . what i do is keep the extra string from the ties. what i do to the back is i just cut the string off. if there is a good amount of string left you can keep it if not you can throw it away. some people take some fabric and sew it in with a thread of a similar color it cannot be seen from far. i just keep it without a fabric behide it but do what you think is best. i hope i was able to help. ❤️ 👍 👍 ❤️ 🙂 😄
amelia904
Bracelet King
amelia904
@Someone_ Ok thank you! I didn’t know if cutting the strings off the back was correct or not so I will for sure try it on my next alpha!
amelia904
Bracelet King
amelia904
@hannahab12 Thank you so much! When I made my first alpha I just moved all the string in the ties and it looked rly wonky, so I will definitely try cutting them off next time!
amelia904
Bracelet King
amelia904
@mrs_rausch That is such a good idea! Thanks!
amelia904
Bracelet King
amelia904
@EalgeKnots thank you so much for the help! I am definitely going to try to cut the strings off the back of my alpha next time!
mrs_rausch
Bracelet King
mrs_rausch
3 years, 9 months ago by mrs_rausch
@amelia904 Of course! Below is the link for the ones I ordered from amazon. I've only used it on one so far just to test how well it adheres and stays on, so far so good!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GYR235Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1
_ASHHOLE_
Beginner
_ASHHOLE_
3 years, 9 months ago by _ASHHOLE_
When you are done with your alpha you can just cut off the long ends that stick out the back, or you could make them into ends I think that would be cool and you can even figure out a way to make them into ends then share it 😇
amelia904
Bracelet King
amelia904
Thank you! Ofc!
amelia904
Bracelet King
amelia904
@_ASHHOLE_ Thank you! ofc!