help please, something’s wrong with my knitting and idk what
juliannagh
Bracelet King
juliannagh
3 years, 9 months ago by juliannagh
for pattern #5608, some of the strings run out faster than others. so could i change the knots (like ff to bb)? for example if i were knotting two blue strings together and it was a ff knot but my string on the right was much longer than the one on the left, could i change the knot to a bb to save some of the string on the left? i’m sry this is rly confusing but i just need an answer, cause i might be messing up the quality of my bracelets!! thank you!
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 9 months ago by Margaron
That’s something that will naturally occur with strings that see more use than others in the pattern. If your strings are the same colour you can knot them however you want as the right colour string will carry through to the right place no matter what.
erika_hadd
Skiller
erika_hadd
3 years, 9 months ago by erika_hadd
this will happen no matter what but there are some ways you can prevent it. you can hover over the strings and see which ones make more knots than others and then just add more string to that, or you can add string to your bracelet if it needs to be longer and you dont have enough. for a tutorial you can watch masha knots tutorial on that
juliannagh
Bracelet King
juliannagh
this is all very helpful and thank you both so much but i guess i wasn’t clear on my main question. will changing the knots mess up my bracelet like make it crooked or smth?
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 9 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Yes it will completely mess up the bracelet because when you change the knots the strings go in a completely different direction and will change the whole pattern. I thought this was known to most people but if you change one knot it changes the whole thing.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
Unless they are of the same color so for example in any pattern when you take the same colours and make a knot between them it does not matter because there will be that same color on both the right and left after. You can always do a different knot (opposite so a backward knot if doing forward) because it does not matter which string you use to connect the two colors as long as they are the same color
Margaron
Margaron
@2006_Mandy that’s not exactly true. I segment knot all of the time and change the directions of knots of the same colour in nearly every bracelet I do. If she wasn’t working with two strings of the same colour like she said then yes, it would mess everything up because your colours wouldn’t be where they need to be. You can knot a blue string over a blue string any way you want and have a blue knot with a blue string leading both directions. Doing it once or twice in a bracelet should not effect the smoothness or curvature of your bracelet doing it consistently could potentially create a curved bracelet because the knot structure isn’t balanced but you would have to be changing half of the knots in the bracelet for that to likely happen.
juliannagh
Bracelet King
juliannagh
@2006_Mandy well in my first paragraph i specifically said that they were the same color so...
juliannagh
Bracelet King
juliannagh
@Margaron thank you that helped a lot
juliannagh
Bracelet King
juliannagh
and @2006_Mandy sry if i seem passive aggressive online communication sometimes does that
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@Margaron My mistake I completely read the question wrong, I do that a lot for some reason. I only partially realized my first paragraph was wrong after I read it so I wrote that second one but yeah basically you can switch it with the two colours I just didn’t even read the question right the second time either
Margaron
Margaron
@2006_Mandy no worries! Happens to everyone! 😉
Margaron
Margaron
@2006_Mandy I think posted at the same time because I never saw your second paragraph until just now! Haha!