loop help
emilysl
Professional
emilysl
3 years, 9 months ago by emilysl
this may seem weird but I can't figure out how to do a loop for an alpha and start the bracelet right away without doing a shaped start or anything...not sure if I explained that right but an example pic would be a picture that @_kinseyb posted for pattern #37811

I have been trying to find a tutorial for this, I don't know how to start it and make it look flat and even after the loop has been made...hope this makes sense
arf820
arf820
3 years, 9 months ago by arf820
basically you’d just take your leading string and knot over all the base strings as normal! it will look a bit uneven at first but after a few rows it will smooth out. hope that helps!🙂
emilysl
Professional
emilysl
@arf820 thank you! I have tried this in the past and it looked awful haha but maybe i will try it again 😊
newtothis
Bracelet King
newtothis
3 years, 9 months ago by newtothis
If you search up 'straight loop tutorial for bracelets' on Youtube a Video should Pop up where a woman explains a method for normal bracelets. I have used it many times for normal bracelets but I'm pretty sure it would work too in an alpha! Especially if your base strings are the same color as your background, then it shouldn't be a problem at all and it will look pretty neat! If you can't find the video or are confused by it, you can just text me on here. I hope this helps you! ☺️❤️
Immy
Skiller
Immy
3 years, 9 months ago by Immy
Masha Knots has a Youtube playlist on how to start and end bracelets. There are videos that show you how to do loops and shaped starts on alphas. I use her bracelet tutorials and they are really good. I hope this is helpful 👍 🙂
emilysl
Professional
emilysl
@newtothis I think I found the video! thanks!
aa7648
Bracelet King
aa7648
3 years, 9 months ago by aa7648
It’s kinda difficult at the beginning the first row is hard, so go slowly and make sure the knots are even, after that it’ll get easier 🙂