alpha backings and other question
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
3 years, 10 months ago by chloe_27
Hey! So what are some ways to cover the back of alphas with fabric? I want to cover it so when i make keychains it does get caught with the keys. Any ideas?

Other question: do you think the looser I pull on my knots, my alphas with get flatter? I have a bit of a hard time with them.......I am also taking tips!

Thank you 😊
JDor
Bracelet King
JDor
3 years, 10 months ago by JDor
I personally have never used fabric to cover up alphas (sorry 😂), but to make alphas straighter and flatter, I use Masha Knots' tutorial on the straight alpha technique. I don't really know how to make them flatter, but I knot super tight and all of my alphas are pretty flat...
Lulu_Ninja
Bracelet King
Lulu_Ninja
3 years, 10 months ago by Lulu_Ninja
For making them flatter, I would recommend using the flat alpha technique, as for the back of alphas, If you feel like your knotting is tight enough, you can cut all of the crossing strings down closer to the back, then they shouldn't tangle
Clairaland
Bracelet King
Clairaland
3 years, 10 months ago by Clairaland
You can sew or probably fabric glue some cloth to the back of the alpha. Also it doesn’t matter if your knots are loose or tight because as I tie my knots quite tightly my alphas a good and so are clairehair who ties her knots quite loose...just make sure you tie with the same tension (:
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
Some people sew felt or leather on the backs of alphas. If it’s for a keychain, you could always do the double-sided keychain method. Masha Knots on YouTube has a tutorial on that called “how to make a keyring” and I’m pretty sure there’s a tutorial in the tutorials section of braceletbook.

When you have a color switch on an alpha, make sure you don’t pull the first half of the knot with the new color too tight, because that warps the bracelets and can make it bunch up or bulge out. Knotting the rest of your knots more tightly will probably make your alphas flatter, but if that’s not working then you can try looser knots. There’s also a specific technique for making alphas flatter. Masha Knots has a video on it called “flat alpha bracelets”
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
3 years, 10 months ago by chloe_27
@JDor @Lulu_Ninja @Clairaland @madeleine_ thank you! 😊
Rg_Knots
Bracelet King
Rg_Knots
3 years, 10 months ago by Rg_Knots
I ALWAYS use the flat alpha technique when I am making alphas. Also, you don't need to sew anything on the backs of alphas. I cut my strings off at the end and apply a little bit of glue to the parts where I cut off my strings. 🙂
Rg_Knots
Bracelet King
Rg_Knots
@Tip use the same brand of thread while making an alpha. 🙂
Rg_Knots
Bracelet King
Rg_Knots
Sorry, BraceletBook converted my text into a username! 😂
chloe_27
Bracelet King