Segment Knotting!
caspian
Professional
caspian
3 years, 9 months ago by caspian
so, i have watched a bunch of videos and read a bunch of tutorials, and i still have no idea how to segment knot. i was wondering if anyone can help me figure it out and/or give me some good patterns to segment knotting with?
peanutse
Professional
peanutse
3 years, 9 months ago by peanutse
OK soooooo segment knoting is like knoting segments for example take a really basic chevron you go in like a v right that is like segment knoting you do not go row by row I would suggest looking at pattern #2 see normal you knot row by row but on a checker the most common technique is segment knoting I would recommend and diamondey pattern or a dovetail. I hope this helps 😉
peanutse
Professional
peanutse
Sorry not checer it’s chevron😉
caspian
Professional
caspian
@peanutse thank you!
peanutse
Professional
peanutse
Your welcome did that help
caspian
Professional
caspian
@peanutse yes, it kind of did!
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
To segment knot, you basically need to look for diagonal lines, and then do the knots right above the diagonal line so that you can just make the line all in one go. Segment knotting gets a lot easier as you do it with more and more patterns. Watching Masha Knots’ tutorials for different bracelet patterns (arrowhead, heart, braided stitch, etc) could help because she teaches how to segment knot them, so watching them might give you an idea of how to go about segment knotting a pattern. And keep in mind that there’s usually no single correct way to segment knot a pattern, and a lot of people just figure it out as they knot the pattern.

Here are some patterns that aren’t too hard to segment knot: #6389, #6, #44046, #21987, #14369, #8859, #16603, #23721, #13769, #24066, #14386, #35603, #37281, #38769, #39759, #27609, #41885, #22489, #26242, #260, #19011, #23387, #34324, #19732, #41113, #41579, #25958, #26453, #33448, #7030, #11155, #25992, #31664, #45543, #46405
Magic28
Bracelet King
Magic28
3 years, 9 months ago by Magic28
Soooo... segment knotting can be confusing and scary at first but it is really simple once you learn it!! Basically you are aiming to do the most amount of knots with one string, so if you know how to do a triangle end . For example, do the first knot to connect the two halfs of the triangle end and the continue using the first color (lets say blue) and do a knot on the next strings. lets say do a blue knot on the purple, yellow, and green string. I really hope this makes sense!!
caspian
Professional
caspian
@Magic28 thanks!
madison737
Bracelet King
madison737
3 years, 9 months ago by madison737
Masha knots had a video on it. Called segment knotting! Hope that helps
arf820
arf820
3 years, 9 months ago by arf820
if watching segment knotting tutorials doesn’t work for you, i would recommend watching and following pattern tutorials by masha knots, alex’s innovations, kinsey b etc. because they segment knot the pattern, it will help you get a feel for segment knotting so that when you want to segment knot and pattern on your own, you will know what to do. i feel like just watching segment knotting tutorials is not enough to make you an expert at segment knotting. it takes time and practice but it is so fun and rewarding once you get it. i hope that helps! 🙂
caspian
Professional
caspian
@arf820 thank u! im starting to follow segment knotting tutorials to try and understand it more.
gubgub
Advanced
gubgub
3 years, 9 months ago by gubgub
How I think of segment knotting is basically finding multiple consecutive knots with the same string. An easy way to find this is to hover your mouse over a string and it will sort of expand the knots made with that string. This makes it easier to see multiple consecutive knots that can be made at the same time. Also, as others said, I learned by using the tutorial on Masha Knots' channel. I hope this helped!
Aracne
Bracelet King
Aracne
3 years, 9 months ago by Aracne
@madeleine_ thanks for mentioning my pattern ❤️