alpha help?!
gp0201
Bracelet King
gp0201
3 years, 9 months ago by gp0201
heyyy so I'm making pattern #42182 right now. (its an alpha pattern.) and the sides keep curling inwards.

does anyone know what is causing this and/or how I could fix/ avoid this? if so it would be much appreciated 😊
yvngcurry
Skiller
yvngcurry
3 years, 9 months ago by yvngcurry
you could try the straight edge technique. basically instead of doing ff or bb knots, you should do fb and bf knots. so when you're knotting to the right, do a fb and then a bf and knot another row, if that makes sense? also, maybe you're tying the knots too tight, so just go with a more gentle touch. hope this helps!
gp0201
Bracelet King
gp0201
3 years, 9 months ago by gp0201
Thank you sm! @yvngcurry
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
For the straight edges technique, once you get to the last knot of a row of forward knots, do two fb knots (one for the last knot of the row you’re on and one for the first knot of the next row) and then continue with the backward knots for the next row. You do the same thing for the end of a row of backward knots, except you do two bf knots. If you want a visual, Masha Knots on YouTube has a video called “flat alpha bracelets” where she teaches this technique
juliannagh
Bracelet King
juliannagh
3 years, 9 months ago by juliannagh
do the straight edge technique but only on the edges lol
jessie2008
Skiller
jessie2008
3 years, 9 months ago by jessie2008
when im making triangle ends do i count the rows in the actual alpha or should I begin from row 1?
madison737
Bracelet King
madison737
3 years, 9 months ago by madison737
You can use the flat alpha technique. Masha knots has a video of in called flat alpha technique you should try watching!
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
@jessie2008 I think alphas look better when you don’t count the rows of the triangle end as rows of the pattern, but it’s really up to you
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 9 months ago by beaumont
masha knots has a really good video on how to avoid this happening to you.