Just need help...
as_12
Bracelet King
as_12
3 years, 9 months ago by as_12
Hi guys, I’m not so new here anymore, I just came to seek advice. I made these bracelets years back, but I stoped for a long time. I came across this app a while ago, I’ve done many patterns since.
I’m not much of a normal pattern fan, I prefer alphas.
However, I’ve been having a continuous problem with lumps. My patterns don’t want to stay flat. The severity of the lumps usually depend on the number of strings I have. Usually, more than 16-18 strings and it stops being flat. I’m positive that my knots are the same tightness, and I’m not pulling too tight when I switch colors. Also, I’m doing the straight-edge technique, and I’ve saw the flat alpha video by Masha Knots.
Does anyone know if they can help? It would be greatly appreciated.
Clairaland
Bracelet King
Clairaland
3 years, 9 months ago by Clairaland
Could your thread be different thicknesses ?
fionaruane
Professional
fionaruane
3 years, 9 months ago by fionaruane
it could be the threads you're using are differing degrees of thickness/make-up or maybe try flat ironing the alpha? or placing it under a stack of books? i don't know but good luck!
as_12
Bracelet King
as_12
@Clairaland @fionaruane thanks for the reply, but I bought all my thread from the same company. I will certainly try ironing it.
peanutse
Professional
peanutse
3 years, 9 months ago by peanutse
This is a possibly possibly your loop is not made correctly or you are tying your knots to loose. When you are making alphas are you going doing one row forward knots next row backward knots that could also be an issue.
schweizer
Advanced
schweizer
3 years, 9 months ago by schweizer
How do you create your own bracelet design
as_12
Bracelet King
as_12
Everything seems correct...
as_12
Bracelet King
as_12
@peanutse sorry I forgot to mention you in the last message
as_12
Bracelet King
as_12
@schweizer you have to go to BraceletBook.com to make patterns
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
@schweizer Go to the website, hover over your username in the top right corner, then click “create patterns”
as_12
Bracelet King
as_12
@peanutse I think I just figured out my problem! I am doing a full row of forward knots and a full row of backward knots. But I’m supposed to change the direction of the knots when I switch colors! I’ve been making these for a little under a year and I just discovered the issue! Omg thank you so much!!
peanutse
Professional
peanutse
3 years, 9 months ago by peanutse
@as_12 your welcome anytime 😉
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
I’m pretty sure you’re only supposed to change direction once you get to a new row