Photo for a pattern with changes
Bunny08
Skiller
Bunny08
3 years, 10 months ago by Bunny08
I'm sort of new to bracelet book.

Recently I made a bracelet with an existing pattern, but I made a slight change in the pattern.
Can I still post the photo to the pattern? Will it get declined?
It seems that variation of patterns does allow changes to the pattern knots, so I don't think I can submit the changed pattern as a variation.
Not sure if it's worth submitting a whole new pattern, since it was a minor change.
Also I don't want to take away any credit from the original creator.
Bunny08
Skiller
Bunny08
3 years, 10 months ago by Bunny08
I meant to say, variations doesn't allow changes in the knots 🙈 Sorry for the typo!
ladybeeyle
Bracelet King
ladybeeyle
3 years, 10 months ago by ladybeeyle
I don’t think it will get declined as I have already submitted photos of patterns with beads in them. If the bracelet looks completely different from the pattern it may get declined. If there is only a slight change it won’t get declined. Hope this helps 😊
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
It probably won’t get declined
arf820
arf820
3 years, 10 months ago by arf820
yeah your photo won’t get declined just as long as the pattern doesn’t change completely that it may be considered a different pattern. i recommend still submitting the photo and if for some reason it does get declined because you changed up the pattern, maybe ask the creator if you can make a pattern based on their own pattern. then when you submit it and it gets accepted, you can write in the comments that it is based on #pattern by @user and that you give full credit to the user for the pattern idea. i don’t think you’ll have to go through that trouble though since it sounds like you only made a small change to the pattern. hope that helps! 🙂
mlh49529
Bracelet King
mlh49529
3 years, 10 months ago by mlh49529
It just depends on how different it is and what moderator looks at the photo. Some are really strict and others are more lenient. But as long as there aren’t major changes it should be okay