Bracelet Lengths
unicorn124
Skiller
unicorn124
3 years, 11 months ago by unicorn124
Okay so I have this problem where I can’t figure out what length of string to use. I usually make my bracelets not including knots around 5 inches but every time I end up using less string and have to end it early. I could really use some help. If you have any idea what I should do please tell me.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 11 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Always cut at least a wingspan I cut a little over after and never run out. You can always add in more string if you run out
SavannaL
Bracelet King
SavannaL
3 years, 11 months ago by SavannaL
For each string you use in a bracelet, it will need to be half your wingspan, maybe a teeny bit extra. The easiest way to measrue this is by holding your thread in the middle of your chest and extending it all the way out. That's half your wingspan. If you are folding your strings in half you create a loop, you should cut your strings the length of your wingspan/armspan. If you are using one of your threads to make a stitched loop you should cut it about six inches extra. If you are making ties cut about 4-6 inches extra so you don't run out of thread for those. I'm sorry this is literally a paragraph.
SavannaL
Bracelet King
SavannaL
3 years, 11 months ago by SavannaL
measure*
unicorn124
Skiller
unicorn124
3 years, 11 months ago by unicorn124
Thanks this is really helpful!
cewdewd
Professional
cewdewd
3 years, 11 months ago by cewdewd
What I usually do is since I have my string on bobbins I do my wingspan plus 4 unwinds of the bobbin. If it needs to be half it’s usually from my left shoulder to the tip of my right arm (or right shoulder to the top of my left arm). If I start a pattern that looks like it has a lot of a certain colour I just make it a little longer than usually. Hopefully this helpes!!
unicorn124
Skiller
unicorn124
3 years, 10 months ago by unicorn124
Thanks it helps me a lot