What Type of Thread/Floss Should I Use??
simonken00
Advanced
simonken00
3 years, 10 months ago by simonken00
I am new to making Alphas, but I want to get started correctly. I am wondering what material most people use/ recommend for their bracelets!!
Paige_1
Bracelet King
Paige_1
3 years, 10 months ago by Paige_1
I use regular embroidery floss, I found that craft cord makes my knots look weird. You can pretty much use any sort of string that you would use to make normal patterns but make sure all the string is the same thickness!
simonken00
Advanced
simonken00
Thank you @Paige_1 , I will get some embroidery floss of the same thickness
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
3 years, 10 months ago by Shelly2121
I recommend using soft embroidery floss, since rough ones make making the bracelet or pattern unconfortable.
The threads im using right now are
https://www.amazon.com/Bulk-Rainbow-Pack-Embroidery-Floss/dp/B07YM5W4KP/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Embroidery+floss&qid=1595128612&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNUdQMFVBUVJQNzIxJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDc2NDY4M0VQQ0s4VkdXSk5KNyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTkwMzAwMlQ5UFRTTllLUlZYQyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Im also using a seperate brand for black and white, but i cant seem to find the product. Its by the brand “Peirich” i think, if that helps...
Both are soft, and the one with the link has 125 colors with needles and scissors. The black and white ones came with bobbins too.
simonken00
Advanced
simonken00
Thank you Shelly!! Soft embroidery floss it is 😃
SecretLife
Professional
SecretLife
3 years, 10 months ago by SecretLife
I recommend embroidery floss, I really like the brand's loops and threads, and I also like the brand mira crafts. Not only is it cheap but it is durable and it comes in many colors. I always try to stay away from thread it snaps easily in my opinion
simonken00
Advanced
simonken00
@SecretLife , thank you!
SecretLife
Professional
SecretLife
3 years, 10 months ago by SecretLife
No problem
MariaAV08
Skiller
MariaAV08
3 years, 10 months ago by MariaAV08
I recommend that you use embroidery thread is the one that I use and it works very well for me, you can find it on amazon.
jdelauter
Professional
jdelauter
3 years, 10 months ago by jdelauter
I use embroidery floss or alize yarn
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Crochet thread! I use both that and embroidery thread but actually crochet thread can be really nice because you get it in glittery colors and they can look pretty they are normally 10 dollars at michaels but I got 800 meters of glitter pastel the other day for $6
simonken00
Advanced
simonken00
Thank you!
Moosey
Bracelet King
Moosey
3 years, 10 months ago by Moosey
For alphas, I use embroidery thread that is all the same brand. My favorite brands are dmc, loops & threads, iris, and prism. Unless I absolutely have to, I do not mix brands. I would recommend embroidery floss over craft thread. However, for the base strings I really like using crochet thread. I use Aunt Lydia Crochet Thread size 3. You can find it at probably any craft store that sells yarn and embroidery supplies. The crochet thread is a tiny bit thicker than the floss but that makes the alpha sturdier. I have only made three alphas so take my advice with a grain of salt but this is what works for me.
hi_1387906
Advanced
hi_1387906
3 years, 10 months ago by hi_1387906
For any and all of my bracelets I use good old embroidery floss, I find it dosen't fray like yarn and doesn't make my knots look strange.
watever
Bracelet King
watever
3 years, 10 months ago by watever
embroidery floss 😁😁
JCai1998
Bracelet King
JCai1998
3 years, 10 months ago by JCai1998
DMC, JP Coats, Loops & Threads, Aunt Lydia’s crochet thread size 3
JCai1998
Bracelet King
JCai1998
3 years, 10 months ago by JCai1998
Also don’t mix brands with other brands becuz the threads are different between quality, texture and size. One more thing, Aunt Lydia’s crochet thread are a tiny bit thicker than embroidery thread so only use it for base strings for alphas.
hannahmey
Skiller
hannahmey
3 years, 10 months ago by hannahmey
i use embroidery floss from amazon and michaels
jdelauter
Professional
jdelauter
3 years, 10 months ago by jdelauter
I use embroidery floss from amazon or alize yarn from ebay
jdelauter
Professional