Alpha bracelet advice for rookies....
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
10 years, 1 month ago by TFK19
So far, all of the tutorials I've seen say to cut your strings and glue them to the back...... Don't do that because it feels weird and the glue comes off if you wear your bracelets in the shower (like I do). Instead tie the ends together and then cut them. The bracelet won't come apart then.
KnotCrazy
Bracelet King
KnotCrazy
10 years, 1 month ago by KnotCrazy
If you use waterproof glue (like I do) then it won't come off 🙂
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
Really??? I didn't know they made water proof glue..... 🙂
KnotCrazy
Bracelet King
KnotCrazy
I just get fabric glue (it is softer when it dried) and most of it is waterproof so whatever you are glueing can get wet 🙂
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
Okay thanks!
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
🙂 I appreciate people who are willing to share their success tips! 😉
Adilene925
Bracelet King
Adilene925
10 years, 1 month ago by Adilene925
Patience! Don't rush through it too 🙂
KnotCrazy
Bracelet King
KnotCrazy
Your welcome! 🙂
SBilbrey
Bracelet King
SBilbrey
10 years, 1 month ago by SBilbrey
Super glue can leave scratchy edges on the back if you use too much. If you're using any kind of tacky glue or fabric glue or even Elmer's school glue (it's what I'm using right now), when you use the glue, make sure you're using the smallest amount you can. That stuff can get messy if you use too much. But after you glue stuff down, press down with your finger for a few minutes so the string will set. After that, hold the glued section over a lit light bulb. Don't set it down directly onto the the lit light bulb, because that's a fire hazard! But the heat from the light bulb will help cure the glue. Making everything set much faster!
Margaron
Margaron
10 years, 1 month ago by Margaron
I don't use glue at all on mine and they hold up fine...
KnotCrazy
Bracelet King
KnotCrazy
@Margaron yeah
KnotCrazy
Bracelet King
KnotCrazy
Sorry, I didn't mean to press send. I was just saying I dont really use glue except when I am replacing a string...
loveurname
Professional
loveurname
10 years ago by loveurname
I don't use glue
loveurname
Professional
loveurname
10 years ago by loveurname
It seems to work perfectly fine none of my bracelets have fallen apart and I wear them in the showe
Margaron
Margaron
10 years ago by Margaron
I just make sure to stick the new string in with a base string for a couple knots and then just cut as close to the bracelet as I can when it's done. I use no glue, or nail polish or anything like that and I wear mine everyday and in the shower, pool, etc. I've never had one fall apart. To me it's something you can do if it's going to make you feel better but I honestly don't bother.