How do I know how long the threads in Alpha Pattern need to be?
Reply
|
Akaya
Advanced
|
3 days, 7 hours ago by Akaya
Hey everyone, I made an alpha pattern for the first time today and gave it away as a keychain. I was worried the threads in the background would be too short, so I used extra-long threads, but in the end I only needed half the length. Is there a way to plan this better?
|
|
halokiwi
Moderator
|
3 days, 7 hours ago by halokiwi
The base strings need to be the length of the finished item plus whichever additional length you need for loops, ties etc. That is if you do not use your base strings to make knots. Once you have made an alpha, you can measure how long a certain amount of rows is for you to figure out how long a certain amount of rows is if you want to for example do a keychain. To make a bracelet, you can base the length on your wrist circumference.
|
Reply

