tearloops on an Alpha bracelet
AnnBell
Skiller
AnnBell
4 years, 2 months ago by AnnBell
What do you do when you have Annebelle even number strings, but it spits into two idd numbers ( like 26 splits into 13 and 13)?
Do you have to add two strings or can you leave it odd?
AnnBell
Skiller
AnnBell
Annebelle= an even number**
KikiLilou
Bracelet King
KikiLilou
4 years, 2 months ago by KikiLilou
As long as you have the same amount of string on both sides of the loop like you said, it shouldn't be a problem. To help you further I would need the pattern, sorry.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
How are you making the "teardrop" effect, are you doing double triangle ends? Or the traditional way, of making knots as you would with a normal pattern?
Bracelet King
4 years, 2 months ago by 95033094
I have a similar question, I’m making a alpha that has 13 base strings. How do I do a loop?
smallsies
Bracelet King
smallsies
4 years, 2 months ago by smallsies
@95033094 if your folding it in half, you could make one of the base strings longer than the rest for a loop, or you could make the longer string your backround thread
AnnBell
Skiller
AnnBell
Its pattern #11706 and i want to make it with double triangle ends.
AnnBell
Skiller
AnnBell
@KikiLilou
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
Your pattern has 25 basestrings.

I'd do one triangle with 12 and one with 13 strings. They won't have the same size but I don't think you are really able to see that.

Another option would be that you do two triangles with 12 strings. I'd make it so that I put the end of the leading string into the loop and leave it longer on the other side. This way I can use the end of the leading string to make the second triangle and then I just leave it hanging so that it forms the 13th basestring on the second half.

You've got to be experimental with things like that.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
The pattern says there are 26 strings but that doesn't mean there are 26 basestrings, it means there are 25 basestrings and 1 leading string. If you want to know the amount of basestrings I'd recommend looking at the dimensions because they give the amounts of knots in a row and therefore the amount of basestrings.

Your original question has been how to do a triangle end with an uneven amount of strings. You divide your strings into two equal parts (6 strings each) and leave the extra string in the middle of them. In the first row you do three knots. One on the left part, one on the single string, one on the right part. In the following rows you take one string out from each part and do individual knots on the strings you took out.

MashaKnots explains it in her video about triangle ends for alphas.
livife0816
Professional
livife0816
4 years, 2 months ago by livife0816
I literally just finished an alpha in this situation. I just made one with 12 strings and the other with 13. I made the knots slightly smaller on the one with 13 and they ended up the same size. You can always just add another string, but personally I hate the uneven amount of base strings.
AnnBell
Skiller
AnnBell
Thank youu!!!
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
Just a tip for when you're making the first row along all the base strings to connect the two ends; pull gently as it can be a bit unstable at first.