Confused
Amelia7893
Skiller
Amelia7893
4 years, 2 months ago by Amelia7893
I get really confused whenever I do a pattern that has backward forward knots in it, it turns out really bad and wonky and it takes a long time to make just a little bit of the bracelet.
SunCrafts
Professional
SunCrafts
4 years, 2 months ago by SunCrafts
Try to do segment knotting as it’s a lot quicker. When doing backward forward knots make sure that the first knot is tight enough as that’s one of the main things that ensures that your knots are nice and neat!
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
If the forward-backward or backward-forward knot are on two strings of the same colors you could just change it to either a forward, or backward knot.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
If there's only bf and fb knots in a pattern you can't segment knot it so there's no way of speeding up except practicing these knots.
Amelia7893
Skiller
Amelia7893
4 years, 2 months ago by Amelia7893
Thanks! This helps alot
arf820
arf820
4 years, 2 months ago by arf820
also keep in mind of your knot tension. make the backward knot tight and secure it still tightly with the forward knot
molly-bean
Advanced
molly-bean
4 years, 2 months ago by molly-bean
when i could not make certain knots i used to take 2 strings and practice the knot until i got it right, practice makes pretty bracelets! 🙈
saeh
Professional
saeh
4 years, 2 months ago by saeh
That’s a great tip @molly-bean thank you I will try that
queenjst
Bracelet King
queenjst
4 years, 2 months ago by queenjst
With bf and fb knots patterns you can’t segment knot
tennistime
Bracelet King
tennistime
4 years, 2 months ago by tennistime
Yes, Even though fb and bf knots don’t switch the strings it makes the pattern confusing. I myself try to avoid 1 2 patterns because they take FOREVER. I typically do patterns that are easy to segment knot and If you don’t know what I mean by segment knot, go watch Masha Knots YouTube video on it. 🙂
Kleo_pel
Skiller
Kleo_pel
4 years, 2 months ago by Kleo_pel
can I ask a question? I am going to make an alpha bracelet and I am going to cut 15in for the tie + 5.5in for the actuall bracelet. For the second tie (in the end) am I going to add another 15in? Like 15in+5.5in+15in? plz answer quick ❤️
Haka_yt
Bracelet King
Haka_yt
4 years, 2 months ago by Haka_yt
Segment knotting might help!! If you don’t know what that is or how to do it you basically divide the pattern into groups, or segments, and knot those. Masha knots has a good video on segment knotting