Beginning name and alpha patterns?
oop-
Skiller
oop-
4 years, 2 months ago by oop-
Hiya! I’ve been making a name style 9 string 2 color bracelet. The first row of knots are kind of loose so when I make the next layers, the bracelet start to get skinnier and tighter. How do I make sure my first knots are tight without pulling the loop pieces out?
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
You should just be able to simply make the first row tighter (not if you're halfway through the bracelet though). The strings shouldn't pop out of the loop, if they do then I'd say that is too tight. You should try find a happy medium between tight and loose.
whitneymac
Professional
whitneymac
4 years, 2 months ago by whitneymac
I agree, whatever the tightness of the first row, try and match that for consistency
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
Make sure you've secured your bracelet well with either tape, a clip or a pin. If it moves a lot or if you're scared that it will move and you don't pull your knots tight for that reason you won't get good results.

The tightness of a knot is determined by its first half. You don't need to pull super hard but you need to make sure the knot is as far to the top of the string as possible. Only when you're happy with the position of the first half of the knot you make the second half of the knot.

You said you're scared to pull strings out of your loop. You might be doing your loop wrong but idk which loop you do and how you do it.