Alpha knots
Kalyee
Bracelet King
Kalyee
4 years, 2 months ago by Kalyee
I was wondering how some people’s knots looks perfectly vertical. Whenever I do my alphas, my knots are always slanted off to the side depending on what row I’m onZ Does anyone have any tips on how to help this? I really want the lines on the alpha designs to be straight and crisp. Anything helps, thank you.
Pippa
Bracelet King
Pippa
4 years, 2 months ago by Pippa
Your knots have to be the same size
Sarah246
Bracelet King
Sarah246
4 years, 2 months ago by Sarah246
I’m not entirely sure if this is what you mean, but try making the first row extra carefully, and after finishing it, adjusting it with your nail to be straighter as needed. Continue carefully for the next row or two, then your alpha should be sturdy enough to make tighter knots. Hope this helps 😊
plant-dad
Bracelet King
plant-dad
4 years, 2 months ago by plant-dad
I found that it helps to tie the knots tight but with equal tension. After each knot, you can try to adjust it with a safety pin or your fingernail. It also helps to be aware of where and when you switch colors. Pulling the leading string to the back of your bracelet too tightly might make it more slanted. Hope this answers your question!
FaithKit
Professional
FaithKit
4 years, 2 months ago by FaithKit
When you say “slanted” it leads me to think the angle and pulling might be an issue... sometime it can be the way that your work surface is angled & your positioning. When I’ve been working on a piece for a while and I start to slump I notice my knots starts to slant even if the tension is perfect & consistent.