types of thread
klynn_delg
Professional
klynn_delg
4 years, 2 months ago by klynn_delg
So i know that there are two types of thread , embroidery and the other kind with texture in it(idk what it’s called lol) . I can’t seem to find the other type of thread with texture in it except for the
ones available at walmart but they only have a limited amount of color choice , any suggestions?? i really need new threads that is not embroidery floss
SeaWaves
Professional
SeaWaves
4 years, 2 months ago by SeaWaves
I get my thread off amazon or Hobby Lobby the brands they are are usually Iris, Le Paon, DMC and Prism. I like all of them 😊
klynn_delg
Professional
klynn_delg
@SeaWaves And they are not embroidery floss right??
SeaWaves
Professional
SeaWaves
They are embroidery floss
klynn_delg
Professional
klynn_delg
@SeaWaves Oh okay, Thank you for the suggestion but i am looking for the other types of string with texture in it
SeaWaves
Professional
SeaWaves
Oh, sorry I though you wanted a good floss kind. I’ve never bought the other kind so I wouldn’t know
klynn_delg
Professional
klynn_delg
@SeaWaves Lol no but thanks ! Do you recall seeing the other types?
SeaWaves
Professional
SeaWaves
I saw some in a pack at Michaels but there was not much variety
whitneymac
Professional
whitneymac
4 years, 2 months ago by whitneymac
I think the other sort of thread you are referring to is craft cord (it's sort of got a twisty thing going on). I use DMC craft cord, which is sold at Michaels, because you can buy it in individual skeins and they have a pretty good variety. If you don't have a Michael's nearby or it doesn't sell craft cord, maybe try online?
klynn_delg
Professional
klynn_delg
i just recently bought some DMC craft thread and it was really thick more like yarn but it was textured like i had wanted
klynn_delg
Professional
klynn_delg
but it was way too thick and did not go well with the thinner craft cord
klynn_delg
Professional
klynn_delg
@whitneymac
klynn_delg
Professional
klynn_delg
i had purchased it from
klynn_delg
Professional
klynn_delg
noranora-l
Bracelet King
noranora-l
4 years, 2 months ago by noranora-l
I think embroidery floss is the best bet because craft cord (the texture kind I think your referring to) breaks easily and like you said has limited color range
klynn_delg
Professional
klynn_delg
it is the best , but the other thread works perfect for alpha patterns and i tend to make more alphas than normal patterns @noranora-I
Gabby492
Professional
Gabby492
4 years, 2 months ago by Gabby492
Personally I prefer embroidery floss but I do have some craft floss that I sometimes mix with the embroidery floss and I can’t even tell the difference. It’s kinda based on what you try and what you like, but amazon, Michaels, Johann fabrics, and Hobby lobby are all really good places to get thread!
jennanots
Advanced
jennanots
4 years, 2 months ago by jennanots
I personally use DMC embroidery floss, loops and threads, and sometimes J and P coats, although I find that J and P tends to be a little too thin for my liking and it isn’t as good quality as the other brands in my opinion. I also sometimes use Amazon brands. They all tend to be the same regardless of brand on Amazon. I really like Amazon thread. It’s a bit softer than regular thread and a little thicker too. Wouldn’t recommend for alpha patterns, but it’s a really good beginner thread. Wouldn’t recommend mixing with other brands though. I hope this helps! I also use embroidery floss and sometimes sparkly etoile by DMC, but I only use one or two strands per bracelet as an accent color. It’s too thin to make a whole bracelet out of.
jennanots
Advanced
jennanots
4 years, 2 months ago by jennanots
I meant that I also use craft cord ^
cbb_knots
Professional
cbb_knots
4 years, 2 months ago by cbb_knots
I have some prism craft cord and it does work better for alphas, but like a lot of others said, it has really limited colors. You could check amazon though, maybe there’s more variety there, even though they aren’t shipping anything except ‘essentials’ rn...