bracelet making
oppelte12
Professional
oppelte12
4 years, 1 month ago by oppelte12
How do you start your bracelet after making just the loop?
kmonkey
Professional
kmonkey
4 years, 1 month ago by kmonkey
It depends on what kind of loop you made. If you made a knotted loop (teardrop loop), you would have to start the bracelet in a "chevron fashion", but if you just made a simple loop with thread, you can start however you would like, depending on if you are going to segment knot or go row by row. If you are following a pattern row by row, I generally recommend not making a loop, and just taping your strings to the table, then making ties once you finished the bracelet (these suggestions were for if you are making a normal pattern bracelet). Good luck with your bracelet! 😄
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
After a loop you can start in a straight line (works best for small bracelets), do triangle ends (more than one is possible) or a teardrop loop.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
Just a tip if you're just doing a regular loop (applies to Normal Patterns) when you start the bracelet make the center knot first, and work around that, this will make the start of the bracelet straight, and not curled. 🙂
cgrace270
Professional
cgrace270
4 years, 1 month ago by cgrace270
I suggest looking up MashaKnots on YouTube. If you’re a visual learner like I am, it helps to see someone doing this before you start. There’s also a variety of ways to do this that Masha explains very well. Good luck!🙂
sophieyogi
Advanced
sophieyogi
4 years, 1 month ago by sophieyogi
I agree with @cgrace270 but if you are just making a simple loop using an overhand knot then start the bracelet exactly how the pattern says to. The first two or three rows will be a little curled and wonky but after that the bracelet will look fine.