String Measurement For Alphas
Exie_Renee
Bracelet King
Exie_Renee
3ย weeks ago by Exie_Renee
How long do you recommend doing your base strings for a alpha? I feel like I make them too long & end up wasting them๐Ÿ™ƒ
tmanuck
Professional
tmanuck
3ย weeks ago by tmanuck
I would recommend making them about the length of 1 arm/your forearm depending on how long the pattern is. If its a keychain it can be very short. It is always good to have too much than too little but if you have extra just store it with other thread clippings and use them in alphas if there is just a short amount of color needed. Hope this helped!
ningc98
Bracelet King
ningc98
3ย weeks ago by ningc98
i learned this from @SBilbrey โ€˜s โ€œA reversible alpha keychainโ€ tutorial-12 rows is about an inch in an alpha.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3ย weeks ago by halokiwi
The base strings of an alpha need to be the length of the finished product plus some extra for loops, ties etc. One meter will be too much in most cases. If you make a bracelet, the base string needs to be able to wrap around your wrist and then some extra for loops, ties etc. If you make a loop, you need double the length for the base strings. If you want to do a specific amount of rows, you can calculate based on previous bracelets you've made how long it will be.
Kayla517
Professional
Kayla517
2ย weeks, 4ย days ago by Kayla517
If making a bracelet without a loop Iโ€™d say about 30-40cm and you can check by putting around wrist, and make sure to have extra room like 10cm for ties. And if the string you snip off is somewhat long enough you can reuse for a bracelet in the future.