problems with knots-alpha
joella22
Advanced
joella22
1 month, 1 week ago by joella22
I currently doing pattern #156139. There is a border of white, but I notice that it keeps getting lost behind the bracelet. The middle section seems to be lifting up and now it is not level with the border. Am I pulling the knots too tights?
joella22
Advanced
joella22
In some sections the white border is visible but the second to last color, which is a single line of black is getting lost.
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
1 month, 1 week ago by Hylia224
You're right, it's a tension issue. Once the other side is reached you pull the string too tight for the first half of the knot and it pulls the other side of the bracelet to the side you're working on. And the middle bulges because of the edges being pulled together. It'll take practice but if you hold down one edge while you knot the other, it may help keep it in place, or loosen the first part of your knot, or just cut the string in the back once you're a row or two ahead (just so it doesnt unravel) it'll let the sides relax
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
1 month, 1 week ago by Hylia224
And the black getting pushed behind the bracelet is also because you're pulling the strings on either side of it together. You can loosen that knot a little or you can just pull the black out once both sides are knotted. I hope this all makes sense!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month, 1 week ago by halokiwi
I recommend cutting the loose leading strings in the back or using two white leading strings: one for the left border and one for the right border. This way the leading strings won't be pulling on the edges. Using two leading strings also helps to not waste string.

If you are not already, I recommend using the flat alpha technique.
joella22
Advanced
joella22
Thank you both for the advice!