Speed
Holly1614
Advanced
Holly1614
1 month ago by Holly1614
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any tips for beginners on how to knot faster. Of course, practice helps the most, but if anyone has any tips and tricks, please share! 😎
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month ago by halokiwi
I recommend segment-knotting. If you want to learn it, MashaKnots on YouTube has a video on it.
If you segment-knot, it can be helpful to draw the segments into the pattern, so you immediately know what you need to do when looking at the pattern.
Str1ngz
Professional
Str1ngz
1 month ago by Str1ngz
I've also found that if I do too much in one sitting, I get really tired and start to slow down. So instead, I group the pattern in sections of about 10 rows (but it changes depending on the size of the pattern) and then take a break after each group. That way I don't get as tired and I feel more motivated to complete the pattern. In the long run I usually end up finishing patterns faster this way, especially if it is a large pattern. Hope this helps! 😊
Str1ngz
Professional
Str1ngz
1 month ago by Str1ngz
Also, yes practice is necessary, but making sure to do a little bit everyday will help a lot rather than doing a large chunk say once a week. That way it becomes muscle memory faster!
goregirl
Skiller
goregirl
2 weeks, 1 day ago by goregirl
Practice for sure, but also practicing patterns that incorporate different knot types (eg chevron uses both forward and backwards knots) will help you learn both without being faster at one or the other
Kayla517
Professional
Kayla517
1 week, 6 days ago by Kayla517
Segment knotting really helps, make sure to use use extra string so you don’t have to worry about weaving in string later (they shrink fast while knotting.) And make sure you have everything gathered together so you don’t have to worry about getting up constantly and distracted. Then also of course take your time because rushing can lead to mistakes easier.
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
1 day, 15 hours ago by stewon6969
Definitely segment knot. It is LIFE CHANGING. However, if you prefer not to segment knot, then try to come up with a consistent hand motion for knotting and practice makes perfect!! Also, when knotting, try to start making your knot closer to the top of the string so it cuts the amount of time needed to pull upward! Hope this helps!