How to get knots uniform/a more clear image
Ashes_Grey
Advanced
Ashes_Grey
1ย month ago by Ashes_Grey
Hi I'm really new to alpha patterns and I was wondering how to get knots more uniform/looking really even like how beedos did on this panda pattern (there are some other more uniform examples on this one too by others) https://www.braceletbook.com/photos/?pattern-id=27721. On my page you can see my first alpha pattern I tried (the demiro heart ace flag) and the knots look pretty sloppy. I already know I messed up the edges (was doing fb and bf knots to finish but for some reason it didn't cross my mind I should have been starting with those too. So like I'd finish a line say with a bf and the just do a regular forwards knot to start the new. I realizied that mistake on my own after making it though so ik not to next time). I feel like with the neater looking knots the images turn out a lot more clear so I was curious how that's done within the rows. The one I did I feel looks a little fuzzy image wise but that could be the design too, I made the knots tight so I'm not sure if that effects it. Anyways yeah any advice for overall neatness in patterns is high appreciated!
Ashes_Grey
Advanced
Ashes_Grey
1ย month ago by Ashes_Grey
Any general advice based on the pattern I did knot is helpful too if you notice any other mistakes I might have made!
zarahlmao
Bracelet King
zarahlmao
1ย month ago by zarahlmao
what helped me a lot when i was trying to improve my alphas was making looser knots and trying really hard to make sure they all looked the same in the row i just knotted before moving on to my next row. when i started making bracelets, my knots were super tight and that made most of my bracelets pretty sloppy, so i would suggest loosening your knots and also maybe keeping an eye on how straight and even your knots are before moving on. do you us the flat alpha technique? that may also be a reason for a sloppy looking alpha. your bracelets are beautiful by the way!
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
1ย month ago by AlmaLlama
The key is practice, trust me, but I have a few tips for you: try to make your knot tension the same, so the knots are the same size (try to not tie them too tight, but also not too lose; find the almost equal tension by practicing) and when you finish a row, try using a ruler to straight up your row and knots (you can also use your nail or a book or literally whatever). Hope that helped a little and if you need more help let me know!
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
1ย month ago by AlmaLlama
And yeah what @zarahlmao is also very useful! If you don't I really recommend using the flat alpha technique (Masha Knots on YouTube has a very good tutorial on that!)