Printing patterns
HPenguin07
Advanced
HPenguin07
1 month, 2 weeks ago by HPenguin07
Is there an option to print patterns kinda in an "old way"?

2 years ago, when I was printing a pattern, the instruction part had been starting right after the grid picture and right now it automatically starts on the second page of a PDF.
It wouldn't matter much, but that way most of the patterns I print require 2 sheets of paper instead of 1 (and that second sheet usually has only like 2-4 rows, so it's a bit of waste in my opinion).
RyanMarieS
Bracelet King
RyanMarieS
1 month, 2 weeks ago by RyanMarieS
I don't fully understand what you are asking but there is a print option on every pattern and usually they are a little over 1 sheet so I print them double-sided so I don't have to waste a whole other piece of paper.
I hope this somewhat helped but if not, sorry lol
HPenguin07
Advanced
HPenguin07
1 month, 2 weeks ago by HPenguin07
@RyanMarieS I don't know how can I explain it to you without pictures. I also print them doublesided and 2 pages per sheet and I usually get 3 pages in total so that means 2 sheets of paper.

Right now if you use the print function you get a grid pattern on the 1st page and the rest starts from the 2nd page. 2 years ago the space under the grid was filled with the knotting instructions. That way it took less space while printing. I was just a bit dumbfounded about the updated printing option because I liked the old one better.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month, 2 weeks ago by halokiwi
I think it just is like that now

What you could do is print it without the first page. When you print something, you should always be able to select which pages you want to print.

You can also select to print 2 or 4 pages per sheet.
Str1ngz
Professional
Str1ngz
1 month, 2 weeks ago by Str1ngz
I think it also depends on the pattern you are printing. Sometimes when I print patterns it will have the grid on one page with the pattern starting on the second, as you said, but sometimes it has the pattern directly under the grid. I think this happens when the grid is too long to fit horizontally across one page so it rotates the grid to fit it vertically, if that makes sense.
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1 month, 2 weeks ago by EggMan
Could it have something to do with the size of the pattern? I can't really get the print option to arrange the grid+patter properly for me (they are both very small), but I would imagine that bigger patterns simply wouldn't fit in a single page.

I could suggest taking a screenshot of the pattern, and print that, maybe? On my computer (Windows 10) the keyboard shortcut for screenshot is Ctrl+shift+S, but if your computer works on a different operating system, you should probably google what's the correct one is for you. If you use the Firefox browser, the screenshot option is available by right-clicking, also. Once you have the screenshot, run it through any simple photo editing software/site (MS Paint, Photopea, Gimp, etc.) and use the Paint Bucket tool to fill the dark background in white, to save on ink.

Hopefully this makes sense, and helps you get your printed pattern. Feel free to tag me to ask questions about any of what I said.
SmileSnake
Bracelet King
SmileSnake
1 month, 2 weeks ago by SmileSnake
@HPenguin07 if the pattern is an alpha, I usually screenshot the top part with the string amounts/dimensions & the grid and then compile multiple of these screenshots together so they're slightly smaller to print. Hope this helps!