Help!
mililuh
Advanced
mililuh
1 month, 3 weeks ago by mililuh
Hi,

how do I know what length of thread to use for keychain patterns?
They are added with an annular knot, that is, each one is folded in half, equivalent to two?

For example, if the pattern says dimensions 16x28, does that mean there are 16 threads of 28 centimeters?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SPANISH

Hola,

¿Cómo sé qué longitud de hilo usar para los patrones de llaveros?
Se añaden con un nudo anular, es decir, cada uno se dobla por la mitad, ¿equivale a dos?

Por ejemplo, si el patrón dice dimensiones 16x28, ¿eso significa que hay 16 hilos de 28 centímetros?
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
1 month, 3 weeks ago by Hylia224
Hello! The 16x28 means that there are 16 knots across horizontally and 28 knots in length. For the length of the string, I would measure from the tip of any of your fingers to about the middle of your forearm. So it could be about 30 cm, give or take depending on how much extra you want past the pattern
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
1 month, 3 weeks ago by Hylia224
And yes, there are 16 threads, so you would have 8 threads doubled up on the keychain
RyanMarieS
Bracelet King
RyanMarieS
1 month, 3 weeks ago by RyanMarieS
@Hylia224 explained it really well but I cut my strings st different lengths depending on the pattern. which particular pattern are you talking about?
SmileSnake
Bracelet King
SmileSnake
1 month, 2 weeks ago by SmileSnake
@mililuh I usually go off of how ~90 - 100 knots fits comfortably around my wrist (with about a couple centimeters space). I also use my old creations and measure off of that as well