centred alpha design
pastelove
Advanced
pastelove
4 years, 2 months ago by pastelove
hi! i was watching a Masha Knots video on alpha bracelet hacks and she explains how to make a design centred. She explains something along the lines of figuring out how many rows per cm you make, how long you want the bracelet to be, and how many rows your design takes up, but she doesn't use triangle ends and i'd like to, is there another way to calculate or do i just use the same technique she does?

if anyone has watched that video i’d love to hear back from you!
thanks! ❤️
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
You need to measure how long the triangle end is. You subtract that from the length your bracelet needs to be twice. The rest is like explained in the video. If it helps you and you're not good with math you can make a sketch.

What you need to know
▶ How long your bracelet needs to be
▶ How long your triangle ends are. You can do the first triangle and and measure it. Subtract that twice from the length your bracelet needs to be.
▶ Do some rows and measure how many rows are one centimeter. Calculate how many rows you need to do for the length still left of your bracelet.
▶ Substract the amount of rows that are in your pattern from the amount of rows you need. Divide that number by two. That's the amount of rows you need to do on each side before you start the pattern.
pastelove
Advanced
pastelove
wow thanks so much! this helped a lot thank you!! ❤️❤️❤️
pastelove
Advanced
pastelove
@halokiwi