What kind of strings to use?
Yuri_yun_y
Advanced
Yuri_yun_y
3 months ago by Yuri_yun_y
Hi! I'm an absolute newbie here and want to get into making bracelets and other fun stuff my question is:
What kind of strings/yarn should i use? Is there a good brand for them or what is the general name to search for if i want to buy the right stuff?
Thank you guys so much for helping! 🩷
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 months ago by halokiwi
Most people use regular embroidery floss.
There are many different brands you can use. Depending on where you live and if you buy in store or online, there might be different brands available to you than there are to me.
Yuri_yun_y
Advanced
Yuri_yun_y
3 months ago by Yuri_yun_y
@halokiwi ok! I'll look online for now thanks for the help
mishka0129
Bracelet King
mishka0129
3 months ago by mishka0129
I use embroidery floss that I bought as a large multipack off of Amazon for most of my bracelets. When I run out of a particular colour that I love I go to a local craft store to buy some more DMC floss in that colour.
FANGIRL88
Skiller
FANGIRL88
3 months ago by FANGIRL88
i love embrodery floss but there is also some sort of special kind of friendship bracelet string??? there is a slight difrence but i frogot what it was. i used it once, so yea.
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
3 months ago by AlmaLlama
Embroidery floss is the most common type of thread that friendship bracelet makers use. But for experience I know that also works thin crochet thread for bracelets. But I don't really recommend yarn.
FANGIRL88
Skiller
FANGIRL88
3 months ago by FANGIRL88
yea some crochet yarns are good. i only worked with actual yarn once.