Help with double triangle start
francisco7
Advanced
francisco7
3ย months, 3ย weeks ago by francisco7
Hi so I have a problem every time I make a double triangle start on a cow bracelet ( the ones by soda pop) my bobbin never ends up on a edge and this is the second time this has happened to me if anyone could help me with how to fix this or a tutorial on how to do a double triangle start on a cow bracket or a better tutorial than the one Iโ€™m using please let me know ( I have done a double triangle start on another bracelet that wasnโ€™t a cow one and I didnโ€™t have this problem) so if anyone wants to help me your help would be appreciated so much ๐Ÿฉท
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3ย months, 3ย weeks ago by halokiwi
For the triangle ends in the double triangle ends, do you knot them like you tie the rest of the alpha or do you tie them like you would tie a normal pattern?

Sodapop's cow patterns have 12 to 14 base strings. The one that you posted a photo of has 12.

For a pattern with 12 base strings, you have 6 base strings per triangle end.

If you tie the triangle ends like you would tie an alpha pattern, you probably tie them so that you have two knots in the first row of the triangle, four in the second row of the triangle and six in the third row of the triangle. Which means you have three rows in total. Since that is an odd amount of rows, your leading string will end up on the opposite site from where you started.

To figure out, on which side you need to start with your leading string, you need to figure out how many rows your triangle end will have. If it's an even amount of rows, start on the side you want to end on. If it is an odd amount of rows, start on the opposite side.
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
3ย months, 2ย weeks ago by AlmaLlama
I find this tutorial very useful for making double triangle start on alphas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3mf3RMoD0E
But I'm sure you can find more on YouTube if this one doesn't work for you. Just search "double triangle start on alpha bracelets" and I'm sure you'll find plenty of them.