Difficulty on patterns?
RK1234
Skiller
RK1234
4 months, 1 week ago by RK1234
I'm not really new but this is something I have been wondering for a while. What determines how hard a pattern is? is it determined by factors ike size and amounts of colours or does someone manually puts in the difficulty when accepting patter. And who determines how hard it is if its like that? I'm assuming it's like the moderators but yeah if anyone knows the answer I'm just curious. ❤️
Vivi_knotz
Bracelet King
Vivi_knotz
4 months, 1 week ago by Vivi_knotz
I was curious about this as well!!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 months, 1 week ago by halokiwi
Only very old patterns have difficulty ratings and it was indeed the moderators who determined the difficulty ratings.
I'm not sure, what the ratings where based on, because it was before my time.
Giving ratings to all patterns is lots of effort and also not something that can be easily done. Something that is easy for one person might be difficult for another person. That's why the difficulty ratings on patterns stopped.
Now only tutorials have difficulty ratings. You would need to ask @Admin how he determines those.
ChickenKid
Skiller
ChickenKid
4 months, 1 week ago by ChickenKid
id guess that it depends on the amount of colors and / or strings in your bracelet
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 months, 1 week ago by halokiwi
@ChickenKid I don't think it was that. I think it was how easy the pattern was to segment-knot.
For example candystripe and chevron are very easy because they have easy shapes like stripes and vs that you can follow.
A pattern with more strings does tend to be more difficult, but it's not just that.
ChickenKid
Skiller
ChickenKid
4 months, 1 week ago by ChickenKid
Ok yeah i guess so
😜