How do you stop Alpha pattern bend?
RedCactus
Skiller
RedCactus
4 months, 1 week ago by RedCactus
Hello! I am working on a 23-string alpha pattern and did a shaped start. I've done about 6 full rows and have noticed that the pattern has a slant like this "D" when held sideways (it is not that drastic but very noticeable). I've tried tying loose even knots of the same tightness, I've tried changing surfaces and changing the way I fasten it to the surface but nothing seems to be working. I don't want to continue because I think and I hope there's a way the rectify this.

I have done 3 alphas before and have had issues with warping like this in the only other large bracelet I did that also had a shaped start so I'm nearly 100% certain that's the cause. Is there any way I can counter act this?
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
4 months, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
Do you use the same size thread? That could be also a "warping" cause. Maybe try to make more smaller alphas so you get used with them. Practice is also a VERY good tip on making bracelets.
RedCactus
Skiller
RedCactus
4 months, 1 week ago by RedCactus
Yep, all the same size and type of string (specifically to avoid this problem haha). Out of the 3 alphas I've made 2 have been 9-10 string with no shaped start so I think that's what got me.
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
4 months, 1 week ago by fishyknots
I had the same issue! Try tying your knots “straight” instead of slanting, like hold the base string vertically. Use a ruler to straighten your rows
RedCactus
Skiller
RedCactus
4 months ago by RedCactus
Got it, thanks!