water bottle, clipboard, tape?
iamsophie
Skiller
iamsophie
6 months, 1 week ago by iamsophie
what is the best method for tying your bracelet to something? ive been using my water bottle and thats pretty easy/mobile.
Blueknot
Bracelet King
Blueknot
6 months, 1 week ago by Blueknot
I don't think there's really a wrong way to do it. I prefer using a saftey pin and a pillow though, sometimes tape.
mishka0129
Bracelet King
mishka0129
6 months, 1 week ago by mishka0129
I would agree, I don't think there's a right or wrong way to do it. I personally prefer using a binder clip and a clipboard.
nicolezur
Skiller
nicolezur
6 months, 1 week ago by nicolezur
I like to use a clipboard with a clip or tape. It depends on the project.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
6 months, 1 week ago by halokiwi
I think it is important that the bracelet doesn't slide out and that it can't move around a lot. For me a bottle would not work because the bracelet would move around a lot and I couldn't really hold it in tension easily. If it works for you, that's great 🙂 I use binder clips to secure my bracelets. They're stronger than the clip board I own and I can attach them to a book.
MossyCoble
Advanced
MossyCoble
5 months, 2 weeks ago by MossyCoble
I like to use the lid and like clip my string between in my tackle box
MossyCoble
Advanced
MossyCoble
5 months, 2 weeks ago by MossyCoble
That didn't make sense but I like put the end in my tackle box
its_sofia
Skiller
its_sofia
4 months ago by its_sofia
I like to use clipboards because whenever i use tape if i pull too hard it slips out plus i can bring the clipboard onto my bed and take it places and it doesn’t have to stay attached to something.
KingOfKnot
Advanced
KingOfKnot
2 weeks, 3 days ago by KingOfKnot
My favorite to use is a clipboard! It holds everything down really really securely. Make sure it’s the kind where you have to push down on the silver thing that holds the paper, rather than the kind where you have to lift it up. The kind where you push down on the handle, is the best version for what I’ve used
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
2 weeks, 3 days ago by kpn
i usually push the main knot through the headphone jack hole of my ipad case and look at the pattern while tying
Julia_2009
Bracelet King
Julia_2009
2 weeks, 3 days ago by Julia_2009
I only use tape
Grecia_
Skiller
Grecia_
2 weeks, 2 days ago by Grecia_
I use a clipboard with tape so it’s more secure and sometimes I’ll just tape the bracelet on my desk
Calebbr32
Advanced
Calebbr32
2 weeks, 2 days ago by Calebbr32
I use a book with a clip on it
starevans
Professional
starevans
1 week, 5 days ago by starevans
I used to use tape, but it always fell off. The only method that I use that hasn’t fallen off is a clipboard with a large binder clip
EllaG7827
Beginner
EllaG7827
1 week, 4 days ago by EllaG7827
I bought some metal clips at a craft store with hooks on the end, PERFECT for attaching to any kind of fabric and hooking the bracelet loop onto.
koffybeanz
Professional
koffybeanz
1 week, 3 days ago by koffybeanz
Whatever way works best for you! I've tried them all. Like someone else mentioned a water bottle can mess with tension and I find it makes my knots uneven. A pillow and a safety pin is cozy but I tend to rip holes in mine. A clipboard with the long straight kind of attatchment (idk I'm sorry lol) is what works best for me. I can move the bracelet up, it keeps nice tension, and I have dimensions written out on my board so I can easily measure how long a bracelet needs to be!
banankage
Skiller
banankage
1 week, 2 days ago by banankage
I use masking tape to secure my bracelets onto a collapsible table (English isn’t my native language so I’m not sure if “collapsible table” is correct😭) anyway that way I can bring it in my bed, couch, floor really anywhere 🙂
Kayla517
Professional
Kayla517
1 week, 1 day ago by Kayla517
I normally go for clipboard or safety pin to small blanket. I used to do tape but I find it gets less sticky overtime and you can’t grab it out to measure it as easily. I’d say keep trying different ways, you likely won’t find a perfect way but at least a preference.
BrainFrog
Skiller
BrainFrog
4 days, 15 hours ago by BrainFrog
I usually use washi tape (because it's pretty!), and I cut a smaller strip to tape the loop to the table vertically. Then my strings don't get in the way of knotting.
Yin_Yang07
Advanced
Yin_Yang07
3 days, 17 hours ago by Yin_Yang07
Definitely personal preference and theres no wrong answer but I usually make it on my waterbottle! i generally attach it using either tape, a hairtie or a safety pin, depending on what’s around. Ive found that if i attach it using a hairtie and just put a safety pin on too then it’s mobile and if i make a mistake I can fix it right away!