How to make a loop to start bracelets
dandrewcon
Bracelet King
dandrewcon
4 years, 2 months ago by dandrewcon
I keep watching how to start it but I dont know what's the next step to finish it. I would love for someone to help me with that
braceletmk
Bracelet King
braceletmk
4 years, 2 months ago by braceletmk
I usually just fold my strings in half and tie a knot then start tying when I'm making my bracelets.
If you do it a different way, then you should watch one of Masha Knots' youtube videos (Or Racoon here on Bracelet book). They really help.
dandrewcon
Bracelet King
dandrewcon
I usually do that as well but I wanted to experiment with it and it hasn't came out right. Yeah I've been watching her videos and theyve been helpful but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong 🙁
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
Not sure exactly what you mean, but to make a loop you fold the strings in half, but you take one string and use that ome string to make a larks head knot onto the strings you folded in half. You then part those strings, and one side you make a few forward-backward knots onto all the strings, and then alternate to use the other side and do the same until you reach a desired length, and then you bend the strings to form the loop.
From that point you can either go straight into making the bracelet, or you can make a teardrop loop.
If you go straight into making the bracelet, I recommend making a knot using the two center strings to make the start of your bracelet straight.
(Not sure if any of this makes sense, but both Masha Knots and Alex'sInnovations have very clear tutorials on loops which you may find useful.)
dandrewcon
Bracelet King
dandrewcon
Well when I would knot the middle it kind falls apart. I've seen the masha knots videos and tried to follow her tips but for some odd reason it just doesnt wanna stay. Maybe I just need to practice more but thank you I really do appreciate the help 🙂
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
@dandrewcon the middle knot after a loop is always the hardest to do because there's lots of pull on it from the sides. It's a bit tricky to get it as tight as you get your usual knots.

After you make the first half of your knot try holding the strings very care so the knot doesn't move. Then you carefully do the second half. It's a bit tricky but it's also tricky if you got more practice.