Thread Types?
izxbellix
Advanced
izxbellix
4 years, 2 months ago by izxbellix
Hi. I’m hoping someone can help. I’m a beginner, and I bought a bunch of string from Walmart. The string is fine, but I have to use two strands for each “strand” on a pattern instead of one because the string is so thin. Can anyone recommend and brand or specific type of thread that is somewhat thick?
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
For embroidery thread, I tend to use the brands DMC and Anchor, in my opinion they are the best to use.
As for types of thread, Pearle Cotton is also good, it comes in different sizes so you can choose whatever size you want (tip, size 5 pearle cotton is about the same thickness as DMC and Anchor, so its easy to combine with). Yarn is also good for thickness, especially when making a bracelet that uses a really small amount of strings, so it helps make it appear thicker. Then there is also Crochet Thread, which like Pearle Cotton comes in different sizes so you can pick and choose, and again it can match with DMC and Anchor embroidery thread.
Hope this helps in some way. 🙂
queeenB_Xx
Bracelet King
queeenB_Xx
4 years, 2 months ago by queeenB_Xx
I get mine off amazon 😝 but if I need a specific brand or type I buy it at a thread/wool store Xx
AriaKnots
Bracelet King
AriaKnots
4 years, 2 months ago by AriaKnots
Hey, Michael's and Amazon are where I buy my thread most of the time, I use different brands a lot but my favorite(when I have money to spare) is dmc. While being more expensive than brands like Artiste I find that personally it's easier to work with. However the majority of my thread is Artiste brand I like their thread slot to the only difference between Artiste brand and dmc is that dmc is not slippery. So I would recommend those to brands for embroidery floss, but sometimes I use crochet thread and it is a lot smaller than embroidery floss but it does work really well at least for me. The brand I use for crochet thread is Aunt Lydia's! Hope this helps!
phatcat
Professional
phatcat
4 years, 2 months ago by phatcat
I recommend using embroidery floss or craft cord. I like the brand Loops and Thread. If you want to spare money, get a 36 pack of colors rather than a 100 pack and don't get a pack with tons of thread that changes color because you won't use it often.