help with pattern #22543
lunac1
Advanced
lunac1
4 years, 3 months ago by lunac1
I made a mistake while making this bracelet but i’m not sure where I made the mistake exactly. I was using the straight edge technique with it so I added two extra strings but my strings were in the wrong place for one of the rows
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
I don't really know where you've made your mistake. Doing the straight edges technique shouldn't change the orders of your strings. The only difference is that in every second row you do a bf knot on the left and a fb knot on the right. If you want you can message me on Instagram (pride.pixeks) or twitter (pride_pixels) and send me a picture there. Maybe I can help you figure it out. I also really like Harry Styles btw and I think it's nice to see some Harry fans on here.
javret
Skiller
javret
4 years, 3 months ago by javret
First of all, don't panic!

If you have a safety pin, you can slide it under the knots and take them out until you can match up the strings with one of your rows. When I do the straight knots technique, I try to make sure that the two strings on the outside are distinct (but not overly bright) colors so that I can always tell which ones they are.

If taking it out doesn't work, you can always restart your bracelet (if you weren't many rows through) or make it a keychain (end it where it is). I made so many keychains when I first learned how to make bracelets (and I have to make one occasionally now).
lunac1
Advanced
lunac1
4 years, 2 months ago by lunac1
Thank you both for your suggestions after looking at the bracelet again for a little while I think I found where I messed up so I’m going to try to undo the knots till I get to that point. I have to admit it’s a little disheartening considering this is my second try at this pattern but hopefully I’m able to fix it and carry-on. I’ll let you know how things go again thank you so much!!! 😊
javret
Skiller
javret
4 years, 2 months ago by javret
It takes me 2-3 tries to get a normal pattern right. I always seem to mess something small up. Don't be discouraged!