Strait Edges Technique Help
PiperKnots
Professional
PiperKnots
4 years, 3 months ago by PiperKnots
I've recently been making friendship bracelets and stumbled upon the straight edges technique. In the video I watched (by MashaKnots) she didn't explain where to put the string in the beginning or ends, I'm specifically looking for where to put the strings in triangle ends. I've scowered youtube and forums and I've found nothing that helped me. ❤️
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
4 years, 3 months ago by KrazyKnotz
I actually would really like to know too! I want to know how to do that technique with a teardrop loop and a triangle ending. 🤔
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
4 years, 3 months ago by BeadGirl16
@PiperKnots and @KrazyKnotz I've done straight edges on a bracelet with a teardrop loop before. I've only done it once so I don't know if it would work for every pattern. Here's how I did it:

I wanted to make the bracelet with about 5 1/2 inches of pattern and 4 or 5 inches of ties. I generally like to give myself a little bit extra just in case, so I measured six inches for the pattern and 6 inches for ties totaling in 12 inches. Since I did a loop, I doubled it and gave myself another inch for the loop. So my string ended up being about 25 inches long. (It might have been longer, bu I can't remember)

I made my loop like normal with the extra string included in the loop and made my teardrop loop with the edge strings on the far sides of my bracelet. As for ending the bracelet, I just ended it like I normally do with the triangle end method and had no problems with it.

I've never tried it on triangle ends for the start and finish and with no loop, but I would assume that you would measure how much you need for the bracelet and ties and make sure that the string ends up on the far sides of the bracelet. I don't really know though.

I hope you found this helpful! 🙂
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
4 years, 3 months ago by KrazyKnotz
@BeadGirl16 Thanks! That was what I was thinking, but wanted to be sure. 😊
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
4 years, 3 months ago by BeadGirl16
You're welcome @KrazyKnotz!
PiperKnots