How do I end a bracelet and what are the right lengths?
CarriganB
Beginner
CarriganB
4 years, 4 months ago by CarriganB
Hi, I am very new to bracelet making and I have a couple of questions.

So I have a loop at the start of my bracelet (it is really simple and not one of the complicated ones) and I have finished my bracelet. How much string should I leave to finish a bracelet? I have seen people plait (braid) theirs and push it through the hole. After that, how do I secure it? Also, does it have to be braided or can I just leave it as string?

When starting a bracelet, what length should I use for each string? Mine keep coming out too short.

After U finish a bracelet and decide that I don’t want to wear it, how do I put it on later?

Sorry for bombarding, I just have no idea what I am doing
AriaKnots
Bracelet King
AriaKnots
4 years, 4 months ago by AriaKnots
Okay so you can braid your ties or twist them or just leave them as they are. You can tie the bracelet by pulling the tie through the loop and then tying it closed, I have found that most of the time you can untie the bracelet this way when you want to take it off. In answer to your last question on string length personally I prefer to have my string too long rather than to short so my string is about 100 in or about 8 ft if your going to fold them in half to do a simple loop. If your not doing a loop I do about 3 to 3 1/ feet long normally works, I know other people might have other opinions. String length really can depend on wrist size to. Hope this helps, and welcome to bracelet book.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 4 months ago by Someone_
@AriaKnots Pretty much covered everything... But I would like to add that another way you could end your bracelets is with crimp ends, however you'll have to start with one too. That's just another way I like to sometimes start mine that I thought I would share.
Also, I use my wingspan as a measurement to get the length of string I want (when doing Normal bracelets) plus an added inch or two for the ties. If I was doing a loop, I would double that. That method has never failed me. Doubling the string or not, I always end up with more than enough string left over which is useful for when I do Alpha's, or if I wanted to make a Normal pattern into a keyring, etc. Thought I would share that with you too.
🙂
maiya_1972
Bracelet King
maiya_1972
4 years, 4 months ago by maiya_1972
@Someone_ on YouTube MashaKnots has a video on how to add crimp ends on the end of your bracelet her videos have always helped me with anything I ever needed to know about bracelets
maiya_1972
Bracelet King
maiya_1972
4 years, 4 months ago by maiya_1972
@someone i forgot to read the rest of your chat haha 😂 I thought you where asking how to add crimp end I apologize 😂
B-Ruby2792
Bracelet King
B-Ruby2792
4 years, 4 months ago by B-Ruby2792
Try one of 3. A normal lop all in one
B-Ruby2792
Bracelet King
B-Ruby2792
B start the The bracelet from the middle basically you get your braces normally but you start doing your bracelets from the middle of the line make it into halves and start doing some in the middle and then when you go to the ends of the basically are mirrored the left side started with and the right side this week and Saturday so do you want to fight I can’t make an envelope inside if it would then take a little bit and then make another group like you have a little space but the space is from the right of the list together and then make up the with the with the new light out of them bring a new line and then make
B-Ruby2792
Bracelet King
B-Ruby2792
After you make the two loops the roof space you make a little above the space when you finish you’ll find that you make of it was stretching ability in the back so your bracelet is not small and not big
B-Ruby2792
Bracelet King
B-Ruby2792
I found it you could look in
B-Ruby2792
Bracelet King
B-Ruby2792
Tutorials in ending bracelets with a button
B-Ruby2792
Bracelet King
B-Ruby2792
And how to make an adjustastable bracelet ending
B-Ruby2792
Bracelet King
B-Ruby2792
Tutorials it is in the App and website of where
vennix
Bracelet King
vennix
4 years, 4 months ago by vennix
You could end with braids or twisted ties and when you push one end through the loop I usually tie mine with a square knot. It makes it easier to undo if you want to take the bracelet off. I have also seen some people will end their bracelets with a button and then push the button through the loop to secure the bracelet.