How to stop strings from getting tangled.
basha12
Skiller
basha12
1 year, 1 month ago by basha12
I make my bracelets long so I have to make the string long and I have noticed that every time I start a row I have to untangle each thread. Can someone help and give me some tips on how to not have your string tangle?
o-0
Advanced
o-0
1 year, 1 month ago by o-0
For alphas I always keep my leading strings rolled up into a ball and for normals I just make sure to like “brush” though them regularly to untwist them.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 1 month ago by halokiwi
In normals you really only need to untangle the strings you are currently working with. You don't need to have all of them untangled at all times. This works best with segment-knotting.

When untangling the strings, I recommend brushing through them with your fingers starting close to the bottom. After you untangled the bottom, move up a little. Trying to brush through them at once might lead to knots in the strings.
wabby
Advanced
wabby
1 year, 1 month ago by wabby
For Normals: I brush out my thread alot and a trick is to only un tangle the thread you need and keep them spread out.
For Alphas: I keepmy thread rolled up because I never know how much I need.
ondinaevan
Bracelet King
ondinaevan
1 year, 1 month ago by ondinaevan
I like to brush through them with my fingers sometimes, but if that's getting annoying for you, there's another thing I sometimes do. I sometimes like to tape down a piece of masking tape (I know, lol) so that a sticky side is facing up, and then I separate the strands and place them on the tape so that they stay separated while I'm not using them. If your strands fray very easily this may not be a great idea, but feel free to try! I make sure to use masking tape because it's less sticky than normal tape and won't tear away the individual strands of the strings. Good luck! <3