Knot tension?
gab1232138
Professional
gab1232138
4 years, 3 months ago by gab1232138
I am fairly new to bracelet making and I struggle a bit with my knot tension and making all the knots on a bracelet the same size. I feel like the knots at the start of my bracelet and the end of the bracelet are different sizes and shapes. Is there a way to get neat knots and keep your knot tension the same throughout the bracelet?
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 3 months ago by Margaron
I’m sure it’s not the answer you’re looking for but some things just come with practice. When you’re knotting take your time and really pay attention to your tension and eventually it will start to come second nature and you won’t have to focus on it so much.
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
4 years, 3 months ago by KrazyKnotz
Getting the tension right is tricky, and mainly takes experimenting and practice. It takes a balance between not pulling too tight and not making it too loose.
el526320
Bracelet King
el526320
4 years, 3 months ago by el526320
It takes time to get it right. You just have to find the consistency you like. Play around with it. You will definitely find how tight and how loose eventually.
mylarudd27
Advanced
mylarudd27
4 years, 3 months ago by mylarudd27
what I find to help is to hold hold and tie your knots closer to the actual bracelet so you can have more overall control of the bracelet and where the knots go or how they look