I’m not sure how to do alphas
Carli22
Bracelet King
Carli22
4 years, 4 months ago by Carli22
Like I’ve been trying but they don’t make sense.
LilaBean13
Bracelet King
LilaBean13
4 years, 4 months ago by LilaBean13
I’m pretty sure that you have your base strings, which are the color of your background. Then when you do a few rows and start your pattern, you bring in the strings that you need and then when you don’t need them just like bend them out.
LilaBean13
Bracelet King
LilaBean13
4 years, 4 months ago by LilaBean13
I’m not to great at them either. I tried a banana one and it was quite a interesting looking banana
Carli22
Bracelet King
Carli22
Lilabean13 thank you for some advice for now I’m going to start with easy alphas
Dogabc6
Professional
Dogabc6
4 years, 4 months ago by Dogabc6
Alphas are really different from normal bracelets. For Alpha bracelets you have the strings you make knots on, which at the top of the pattern you can see little strings poking out. You make knots on the base strings with the pattern strings. Masha Knots has a really good video on YouTube about them, its a bit hard trying to explain it without a visual!
gross_piZa
Professional
gross_piZa
4 years, 4 months ago by gross_piZa
I watched a tutorial by Megan Morris on YouTube about a shark alpha that helped me understand. I’m still bad at it lol. But it might help you!
Carli22
Bracelet King
Carli22
Dogabc6 I’ve watched some of Masha knots videos but it’s still kind of confusing
Carli22
Bracelet King
Carli22
Gross_piZa I’ll go check out Mayan Morris’s video
Paige_E
Bracelet King
Paige_E
4 years, 4 months ago by Paige_E
Like @Dogabc6 said Masha Knots has a really good tutorial. Another youtuber, Kinsey B has a good one as well. It all really takes is knowing the basics and lots of practice.
Carli22
Bracelet King
Carli22
Paige_E I know all the basic knots used for normal patterns. I will go check out masha knots
cgrace270
Professional
cgrace270
4 years, 4 months ago by cgrace270
I would suggest trying to look at YouTube tutorials!! I don’t know about you, but I’m a very visual learner and it’s very helpful to see someone physically knot them. This video by MashaKnots is fantastic- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePr81hbvdjE
Carli22
Bracelet King
Carli22
Thank you I’ll try all