Ending a bracelet
LordJessie
Bracelet King
LordJessie
10 years, 10 months ago by LordJessie
I wasn't really sure where to put this so I hope here is fine...

I've been using safety pins at the beginning of my alpha patterns like in Adik's tutorial for the safety pin brooch and I don't really know how to end it now... I use yarn and the pattern I used has 13 strings so it will be a bit bulky regardless of what I do. I used buttons on the last one but I'm afraid they'll fall off.... Help please?
LordJessie
Bracelet King
LordJessie
*I've also ended one by sewing on a bit of fabric to loop the safety pin through but I have an issue making sure the knots don't unravel when I cut the excess yarn away...
milbug
Bracelet King
milbug
10 years, 10 months ago by milbug
You could always do the simple knot tie off. But you could also end in braids to make it look cute, or you could secure the knots with some tacky glue and cut off any excess string. Look at photos of how others users have ended the bracelet or other alphas to get ideas or inspiration, also look thought the tutorials section. I hope that helped!!! Message me if you have any questions!!!🙂
LordJessie
Bracelet King
LordJessie
I've already looked through the other tutorials and a lot of other alphas. I didn't want to just knot it because of how bulky the yarn is and the fact that there's no guarantee that it won't come undone...
milbug
Bracelet King
milbug
10 years, 10 months ago by milbug
Okay, you can try braiding 4-5 string and double up on some strands. Also if you tie 3-5 strings together you could end it that way.
hausofjill
Professional
hausofjill
10 years, 10 months ago by hausofjill
You could also make a knot really tight and then put glue on the knot so it stays. You cant really do a button because there are too many strings. Good lucky 🙂