how do i know what length threads i need to use for a tutorial?
cloudastro
Advanced
cloudastro
4 years, 5 months ago by cloudastro
i don’t know what length to cut my threads, please help!
Froggy123
Professional
Froggy123
4 years, 5 months ago by Froggy123
Depending on how many strings you have and how many colors there are and how often you use them, I would cut the string about 48 inches long and fold it in half for a shorter bracelet. If there are more string then I would do more like 60 in. folded in half. For alpha base strings, you only need to cut it the length of your wrist plus a couple inches. Hopefully that makes sense. 👍
Froggy123
Professional
Froggy123
It Lao depends on your wrist size
Froggy123
Professional
Froggy123
Also not Lao. Autocorrect 🤯
Tealmango7
Skiller
Tealmango7
4 years, 5 months ago by Tealmango7
I usually use my wingspan like from one hand to the other and then add a few inches. I usually have extra string but not WAY to much
phatcat
Professional
phatcat
4 years, 5 months ago by phatcat
If there are 2 of the same colors on a bracelet cut the strings an arms length (hold the string in at your left and and hold the other end of your string with your right hand and stretch the string and cut it) then fold it in half. if there is only one string make it as long as half an arms length
wildcat253
Bracelet King
wildcat253
4 years, 5 months ago by wildcat253
@cloudastro I do about 60 to 70 inches. You can do about 2 meters.
ariellaaaa
Bracelet King
ariellaaaa
4 years, 5 months ago by ariellaaaa
I would always recommend that it’s better to use more than you think you’ll need, it’s the worst when you’re halfway through and realize you don’t have enough string
Raven1989
Skiller
Raven1989
4 years, 4 months ago by Raven1989
i typically use for 1 meter to 165 centimeters for a bracelet that is approximately 6 to 6 and a half inches with enough left to braid or make an adjustable/sliding closure.
BunBunKnot
Professional
BunBunKnot
4 years, 4 months ago by BunBunKnot
Usually I measure strings to be a little bit shorter than my wingspan. This leaves a good amount of string. It may be too much some times, but it’s better to have to much than to little, and scraps can be saved and reused 🙂
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 4 months ago by Someone_
I always go for a wingspan with one added inch. I've never ran into a scenario where I have ran out of string doing it that way. And like @BunBunKnot I always end up having string left over to keep and re-use later (especially for alpha's). 🙂
RooDawg06
Advanced
RooDawg06
4 years, 4 months ago by RooDawg06
Depending on the size of your wrist, you will need more or less string. i often use two arms length of string for my wrist as i have a fairly average sized wrist.