piano patterns
akuncaitis
Advanced
akuncaitis
11 years, 2 months ago by akuncaitis
When I get to the parts where there are two solid white rows, my white working string ends up on the wrong side, and I cannot figure out how to get it back over to the left to start the next row with the black key. Specifically, I am in the middle of pattern 1490, but I can see this happening with all of the piano patterns posted here. Please help? I'm not sure which knot I am supposed to use!???
Melinaluna
Advanced
Melinaluna
11 years, 2 months ago by Melinaluna
I Think of impact with a blunt needle to open the series so far knot you until you return with your white thread in the correct row and the safe side. then just work concentrated benefits further. 🙂
akuncaitis
Advanced
akuncaitis
I don't understand what you mean. I am still new to alpha patterns.
Tikal
Bracelet King
Tikal
11 years, 2 months ago by Tikal
Pattern #1490 I think should have one really long (or a skein) of white on the left, then five black strings.
So..Using the white:
(row 1)make forward knots with all of the black strings.
(row 2)make a backward knot over the white string (which is now on the right) with the closest black string. (the black string moves left and the white sting to the right. order: b,b,b,b,w,b, -b=black w=white)
using the 4th black string, make a backward knot over the white. (again,move the black string to the left, white to the right.)
Make another backward knot with the 3rd black string, (over the white) and move each normally.
Take you white and make forwards knots over the last two strings. 🙂 hope that helped!
akuncaitis
Advanced
akuncaitis
Yeah, thst's what I'm trying to do, but when I start doing the backwards knots with the black strings, the white one does move over, but the black knots end in a vertical line down the white string instead of in a horizontal row... x.x
Tikal
Bracelet King
Tikal
That's what happens to me! O_O I have no clue how to stop that.
:/ But there is a video that BeyondBracelets has that looks like it would work...(I just never did it right) so..it's called - Alphabet Friendship Bracelets - Names, Pictures & Numbers by BeyondBracelets (part 1) -at about 14:00 is where she adds the black string.. 🙂
akuncaitis
Advanced
akuncaitis
Ok, I'll look at it. I mean, I've done letters before and never had this problem...
Tikal
Bracelet King
Tikal
thats strange...it goes diagonal to me too...weird. 😛
emmay
Professional
emmay
11 years, 1 month ago by emmay
When you do backwards knots, instead of using the same two strings everytime, do it once with the first black and the white, then move onto the second black and the white, and so on.
Sorry if this is slightly confusing, it's hard to explain in text. It would e easier if I could show you what I meant.
polkadots
Skiller
polkadots
11 years, 1 month ago by polkadots
I get it:] ^ 🙂😉