Runnin out of Strings 🙁
Lizzy7654
Professional
Lizzy7654
11 years, 2 months ago by Lizzy7654
I'm making bracelet pattern 8013 and I've run out of some colors. There's only about an inch left of some colors and I'm not quite done with the bracelet. Is there some way to add on strings? Or is there some other post/tutorial about it that I could look at?
Tikal
Bracelet King
Tikal
11 years, 2 months ago by Tikal
I tryed something I found on youtube. 😛 It was for yarn, but it worked on the bracelet. 🙂 -I think it's called making a 'Pretzel' . Not quite sure where it is any more. :/ sorry.
Maybe I can make a tutorial of it! 🙂 (I have to remember how first lol)
Tikal
Bracelet King
Tikal
11 years, 2 months ago by Tikal
tried*
grargh
Skiller
grargh
11 years, 2 months ago by grargh
What I do when I have to add in new strands or when a strand breaks, is pinch the strand you're adding to the back of the bracelet, and then use it like you would use a strand attached to the bracelet. The end of the strand that is too short would be coming out of the backside of the bracelet, where it could be clipped later.
WovenKitty
Bracelet King
WovenKitty
11 years, 2 months ago by WovenKitty
If I run out of string or if a string breaks, I use the string substitution method that is used in multicolored alphas. If you leave the ends hanging out of the back, then you can cut them off when you're done.
milbug
Bracelet King
milbug
10 years, 10 months ago by milbug
I found that when you just add more string by doing a regular knot to a string that breaks or if you need more it works very well. Also by cutting longer strings before you start a bracelet when you know that one color of string does a lot more knots that any other color of string.
cutelupita
Professional
cutelupita
10 years, 10 months ago by cutelupita
i just tie more string on it and you can just Also by cutting longer strings before you start a bracelet when you know that one color of string does a lot more knots that any other color of string and [ milbug ]
🙂