Any questions about running/starting an etsy shop? Ask away!
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
I have had an etsy shop selling bracelets and keychains since August of 2020 and I think I have learned a lot! If you have questions about anything related to selling on etsy, let me know and I will answer them as best as I can!!!
My etsy is MandJBraceletCo
pivi658
Professional
pivi658
3 years ago by pivi658
OMG I see ur shop listings alll the time when I look on Etsy! I am about to reopen my shop with more things and I was wondering how I could ship internationally without all the hassle. I live in Canada and If I’m correct u are too! Is it worth is to go international? I feel like I won’t get many sales within Canada but I don’t know 🤷🏾‍♀️
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
@pivi658 That's so cool that you have seen my listings! For me, I haven't gotten too many sales outside of Canada and the US, but it is really cool when someone orders from another country. I would say going international won't make too much of a difference however offering shipping to the US has made a lot of difference for me. Especially when I started offering free shipping to the US it helped my sales. I would say about half of my sales are US and half are Canada now. Overall, I would say making your items available to the US is helpful, outside of that won't make too much of a difference. As far as how you can go about shipping internationally depends on how you send orders. How is it that you ship your orders currently?
pivi658
Professional
pivi658
3 years ago by pivi658
I’m planning to do CanadaPost Lettermail and I looked into LetterPost for international. But I don’t know if I’ll have to sign forms or anything’s for the outside orders and I’m afraid there might be complications or lost mail with that 😂
pivi658
Professional
pivi658
3 years ago by pivi658
@maya3456
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
@pivi658 I also send my orders through lettermail and I have sent my international orders through the international equivalent (with an international stamp instead of a canada stamp but basically the same otherwise), I have learned that customs forms are only needed for parcels (so not lettermail) and I have never had a problem with lost orders, however there have been covid delays with the shipping times so you just need to make sure that you put somewhere in the description or shop policies that there may be shipping delays.
pivi658
Professional
pivi658
3 years ago by pivi658
Ohh the international stamps makes sense! And I’m relieved i won’t have to sign forms as I’m young and don’t wanna do that😅 tysm tho I feel a lot better about adding an international option now🙂
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
@pivi658 No problem! I'm not sure if it is the best/most effective way but it is what I use and I have never had a problem with it! I'm glad I could help!
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
@pivi658 Also you need to make sure your bracelets when packaged up in the envelopes are within the correct size and weight guidelines for the lettermail requirements!
pivi658
Professional
pivi658
3 years ago by pivi658
Yep I’ve looked into that! My bracelets aren’t too thick and I have small mailers for the oversized Lettermail option😁
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
@pivi658 Sounds like you are doing great! What are the small mailers and where can you get them? I have been looking for a good option for oversized packages
pivi658
Professional
pivi658
3 years ago by pivi658
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0173VVCYQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I got these ones! There are a little pricey for what’s available but I didn’t know any better at the time I bought them haha. I haven’t actually sent out any packages with these yet becuase unfortunately I’m still at 0 orders but these seem good. I’m thinking of getting bubble mailers next time tho from AliExpress to hide some of the bumpy ness but for now they seem durable! If you don’t mind, I’m wondering what mailers you use?
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
@pivi658 I have always just used normal envelopes, making sure I package up my bracelets so they are safe and won't get wet, this seems like a better option, I will have to look into it more. Do you still use standard stamps with these or do you have to use the non-standard mail stamps?
pivi658
Professional
pivi658
3 years ago by pivi658
I thought of using regular envelopes but I thought the machine would rip up any bumpy envelopes at the sorting center. I mean if it works for you that’s great but I’ve heard from other forums that they don’t allow other things than paper in standard envelopes so I swayed away from that. And I use non standard stamps and these ones are OverSized Lettermail stamps that allow 2 Cm of width which does make it easier.
pivi658
Professional
pivi658
3 years ago by pivi658
@maya3456 sorry I tend to keep forgetting to @ the person in replieshaha
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
@pivi658 thanks for the advice! I have always wondered about this but when I asked for non-standard stamps at the post office one day the worker was just confused I have no idea why lol. I am going to investigate this further as I have always thought that about only paper in envelopes, however I have never had a problem so I don't know if it's maybe because it's just string? I will definitely look into this, thanks for the help!
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
@pivi658 what is your etsy shop? I will favourite it to hopefully allow more people to see it!
pivi658
Professional
pivi658
3 years ago by pivi658
You may want to use the term Oversized Lettermail stamps instead of Non-Standard becuase it does branch out into diff types like Registered (basically tracking) and Incentive (no idea what it is lol) and then Oversized domestic. But if you are going to switch to oversized Lettermail I recommend you research other shipping options for international and us becuase Lettermail for those are much much stricter from what I’ve read and can only send paper thru.
pivi658
Professional
pivi658
3 years ago by pivi658
@maya3456 I appreciate that! I did temporarily close my shop beciase I wanted to move some listings around and add more products but I am planning to open within next week. So I’m not sure if your able to favourite shops when they are on holiday mode but regardless my shop name is CreationsbyPivi !
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
@pivi658 I will definitely be going to the post office soon to ask some questions and investigate! Thank you for all the help! Good luck with your re-launch!